Is SBS finally dead??

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
I think the SBS web site is finnally dead. I know it's been slow over the last 6 months, but I go there about once a week and today it does not come up at all....

Did someone pull the plug?

It's a shame to lose all those informational posts....

May it RIP...

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
That or it's getting slammed with traffic over the new update and it's putting the site temporarily out of commission.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I have not gone there in a week or so, but my understanding is that hosting service needed to be paid. So perhaps that didn't happen and so now it is indeed gone. We'll know over the next few days if it comes back up or not. But this maybe it!

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
If you leave the browser long enough on the site you eventually get a database error.

I think it needs rebooting.... MM you are the technical staff... were you really notified?

Attachments

Supafly

Oct 12, 2008
They sent me an email wishing me a happy birthday yesterday. Still thinking of others when your site's bellyup. Touching.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
On the night of the change there was extremely heavy activity on XMFAN. It crashed. I suspect SBS also got the load and crashed. XMFAN has an active owner/administrator and promptly rebooted it and it came back. SBS does not. It is still dead. IF the owner notices, he could probably fix it with a simple reboot. Obviously he could not care less.

Goodbye SBS. But this forum is as good or better.

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Siriusbackstage is gone! RIP

SBS I noticed is no more, not a shock to anyone as it had a slow, agonizing death in 2008!!
R.I.P. SBS, it was great while it lasted, thanks to all those who were a part of it and great to see most of you here!:cool:

mch

Nov 11, 2008
Las Vegas
I was just there a few days ago and found the links to this place. I guess now that I moved over, it served it's purpose. ;)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah for 7.5 years many of us spent a many an hour there. It was the place to be at one time. Too bad the end had to come like this.

I am just glad most of our community found there way here before it actually shut down. Strange that it happened 1 month a couple of days after we started DRC. I guess we timed this decision just right or we'd all be scattered right now trying to figure out what to do.

I want to thank Taylor for putting up the funds for DRC!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
On the night of the change there was extremely heavy activity on XMFAN. It crashed. I suspect SBS also got the load and crashed. XMFAN has an active owner/administrator and promptly rebooted it and it came back. SBS does not. It is still dead. IF the owner notices, he could probably fix it with a simple reboot. Obviously he could not care less.

Goodbye SBS. But this forum is as good or better.
Actually no that isn't the case at all, because there are folks that logged in after the big crunch. This thing went down right at midnight last night.

It is my opinion the site has been shut down for non-payment for the hosting services and was promptly shut down at midnight. I can't confirm that though!

By the way I merged a couple of threads on this same topic!