Is it winter yet?!?!

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Just bought a pair of skis, and I have the guys coming this week to close up the pool.

Yes...regrettably, winter is coming.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
update, 106 yesterday and 42 this morning. all the hippy kids at earth dance festival must have been shivering this morning.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I wish it was more winter. I usually stop at a park that's at the 1 mile point of my 2 mile run and do 15-20 minutes of pushups/situps/pullups yet, today, it was swarmed by a bunch of little lacrosse kids. Another month and it will be too cold and I'll get the park to myself again. Little kids annoy me.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
It was 96F today. The pool was chilly, but it felt great. Memedaughter and I made a rocket out of a pool float and the water hose. She navigated it the length of the pool and back.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
If you are ever approached by a dirty hippy just blast some Slayer at them and their head will explode!

:buttrock: I'll hit 'em with some Sepultura. Hell, my favorite song by them is called Filthy Rot :headbang:

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
"A KISS FROM WINTER.................."

"Hello" please don't be afraid the light chill you feel is only me gliding across your face. Some may not like me some may..... I mean no harm it's only my way of saying "Hello I'm here" if only for a while

I move from one person to another and when I do I listen to some of your conversations on your way to making your way though life

Some of your words may sting like my chill, but I like you must remember it's only for a while

I move to the next person and they embrace me for they know I make them come alive I somehow enlighten them to move forward when they feel that they are already there but with my embrace I let them know they should go forward with their dreams because if they really believe in what they want it will come true

Winter is a time of clear cold weather that is misunderstood. Just think about it I'm the one that pull people together and in reality I'm the season with the warm chill for kissing and caressing your faces so please embrace me with love for that is my gift to you

I will leave now for a time with just this thought--------

"I am the season with the chill that glides across your face leaving you with Love and a Kiss - My Name Is Winter"

Last edited:

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Bite your tongues. I don't want to see winter yet and all the shoveling, specially if it is anything like the past 2 winters we have had here, last year we had one huge storm where some of us actually had to go out and shovel the road way in front of our houses to get anywhere as the plows refused to come out before they knew the storm was completely over.

We haven't even had much of a summer here yet. :bigcry:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Bite your tongues. I don't want to see winter yet and all the shoveling, specially if it is anything like the past 2 winters we have had here, last year we had one huge storm where some of us actually had to go out and shovel the road way in front of our houses to get anywhere as the plows refused to come out before they knew the storm was completely over.

We haven't even had much of a summer here yet. :bigcry:

Ditto. I hate winter.

It wasn't bad when I still skiied but I much prefer summer. Those of you looking forward to winter are:

1) NUTS
2) Not in a part of the country which has winter
3) All of the above

Reactions: Calypso

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Ditto. I hate winter.

It wasn't bad when I still skiied but I much prefer summer. Those of you looking forward to winter are:

1) NUTS
2) Not in a part of the country which has winter
3) All of the above
Those of you afraid of shoveling this winter are wimps. Here's how it snows in sunny california.

And trying this line without enough snow fall, thats NUTS.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
It looks like it's going to be 92F tomorrow, and in the 90s for the rest of the week. Yay for October swimming weather!