Is it time for device specific subforums?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I mentioned this when I first joined and the team didn't want empty subfolders. But now that the folders are more populated, can we have dedicated subfolders to some of the more popular Sirius & XM radios? I miss the Stilletto subforum from SBS in particular. I suspect the Inno and maybe the XMP3 may deservce subforums as well. I am sure there are enough posts about the SL* to move to the new subforum so it won't be bare.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
We have opted to go with Portables and Plug-n-Plays, two separate areas, but not specific forums for each type tuner. There just isn't enough interest in each type to do that.

We've added these sub-forums under both the Sirius Radios and XM Radios forum. Enjoy!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
We have opted to go with Portables and Plug-n-Plays, two separate areas, but not specific forums for each type tuner. There just isn't enough interest in each type to do that.

We've added these sub-forums under both the Sirius Radios and XM Radios forum. Enjoy!

Thanx.

But I do not agree with your assesment of demand. The Stilletto forum at SBS was pretty active (before the forum slowed down). Even yesterday there were still about 12 topics added in the last week in a forum that is for all intents and purposes dead.

But all I can do is express my opinion (which I have). Thanx at least for the subgroups.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Thanx.

But I do not agree with your assesment of demand. The Stilletto forum at SBS was pretty active (before the forum slowed down). Even yesterday there were still about 12 topics added in the last week in a forum that is for all intents and purposes dead.

But all I can do is express my opinion (which I have). Thanx at least for the subgroups.

Sirius has the Stiletto line and S50? So, now you'll have a few S50 topics included in with the Stiletto. If you look at the S50 forum for the most part it was dead for months.

So, I don't see the real difference except instead of being called Stiletto it is called Portables.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Sirius has the Stiletto line and S50? So, now you'll have a few S50 topics included in with the Stiletto. If you look at the S50 forum for the most part it was dead for months.

So, I don't see the real difference except instead of being called Stiletto it is called Portables.

Plus, Sirius might have a new unit coming out that will fit into our new Portables sub-forum.

No I do not have an inside iggy.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
As a suggestion, as new updates are released and or new radios come to market make a sticky in the newly created threads and as activity dies down.......unstick them.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
As a suggestion, as new updates are released and or new radios come to market make a sticky in the newly created threads and as activity dies down.......unstick them.

That is actually what we use to do on SBS. We would make announcements and then when something new came out we'd create a sticky thread and keep all the discussion there. Then once it died down we'd unsticky.