Is Artie nervous/anxious that Dr. Drew is there???

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Is it just me, or can Dr. Drew not even get a word in? Howard and Robin BOTH had to tell Arite to more or less shut it.

Or am i just imagining things?

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
No, you're right. I only heard from 8am onward, but it was clear Artie was paranoid about being railed and kept trying to strike first.

It was a hilarious segment though. It was like Dr. Drew was the Inquisitor General, and everyone kept trying to throw each other under the bus in order to not be a target: "He does heroin!" "She does a colonic every week!" "He always wears gloves!"

Bottom line, they're all f'd up! :D

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

He was all of that and so much more. Offensive/Defensive loud arrogant and abusive. :bigahh:

:wah:Sounds like life without drugs, if he really is clean is a bit more then he can handle.:wah:

jeff94

Oct 22, 2008
Boise, ID
For the last 3-4 years Adam was on Loveline I would listen every night. Drew is a great co-host, and really is as 'low-key' as a Hollywood-type comes. Adam is my favorite radio personality by far; I only started listening to Howard since he came to Sirius (he was never in the Idaho market before then...).
I bought Drew's book Cracked when it came out, and definitely recommend it to anyone interested in addiction/detox.

Artie did seem unusually hostile to Drew, and I think all the regular listeners noticed it right away. Drew was met warmly by Howard and Robin, while Artie kept knocking him or otherwise busting balls.

Still a good segment, and I'm glad to hear from Drew again.

Reactions: jamesp717

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
It's funny to hear Richard Lewis today firing at Artie. Artie must think he has a bullseye shirt on. :D

Dr. Drew and Adam Corolla was great radio. My friend keeps an archive on his mp3 player. The calls never really change, so listening to an old show is fine.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
The Dr. Drew segment was great radio. It was funny to hear Gary talk about passing on Drew as a guest for so many years. Drew was great, he was able to roll with Artie's punches throughout the segment while delivering sage advice and spot on insight to why Artie is gonna do what Artie is gonna do.

By the way...I got tremendous douche chills while hearing Artie on the Wrap Up Show, especially when he practically demanded to sing 'Shooting Star' all the way to the end of the song.