IRL adds bonus point for pole

jC...

Oct 14, 2008
No! Do you really want the difference between being in the chase and not being in based off a 2 lap run with no other cars on the track? These are 500 miles races. It doesn't matter where you start.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I don't have a problem with your example. It does matter where you start. That determines pit selection.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
Pit stall selection should be incentive enough, but it all boils down to the top 35. If you're in the top 35 all the team is concerned about is the race setup. This all boils back down to your buddy Brian France and crew who dreamed up the Top 35 rule.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
This all boils back down to your buddy Brian France and crew who dreamed up the Top 35 rule.

Don't think that my defending France makes him my buddy by any means. I'd defend you too if you were being criticized for absolutely every post that you made on this board.

As far as the original topic goes, I simply said that it makes as much sense to me as awarding points to to a person for leading a lap under caution by staying out.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
You're buddy's with Brian France?...:right:

I don't care for the idea, but I have a funny story...:shock:

For years I thought that the leader at halfway received 5 bonus points. I later found out that it was bonus money for leading half way. I guess that was about 10 years ago or so when I finally figured it out...:p

:)

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
You're buddy's with Brian France?...:right:

Semi, don't let that get out. Why just the other night, Brian & I were out for a beer and I was running some changes by him that I had thought of for the All Star race & low and behold I saw that they just announced them for this years race. So, if you have anything that you need done, just let me know.

sign0141.gif

Dave Moody

Oct 14, 2008
Barre, VT
www.sirius-speedway.com
5 points for leading a lap

5 points for leading the most laps

5 points for qualifying on the pole

5 points for leading at halfway

How about 5 points for the fastest pitstop?

Or 5 points for spending shortest total elapsed time on pit road?

Or 5 points for having the best appearing car?

Or 5 points for having the best dressed crew?

Or 5 points for the driver who signed the most autographs that week?

IMO, it's all about getting to the finish line first. Anything else is meaningless crap. All these ideas (though well-intentioned, I'm sure) are like rewarding a baseball team for leading after five innings, just to keep the fans from getting bored in the middle of the game.

If you win the pole, you get to start first and choose your pit box. That's it, that's all, that's enough.