Ipod vs Zune

Discussion in 'Other MP3 Players' started by hank-the-dwarf, Oct 13, 2008.

1. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf New Member

What do you have and if you have both which do you like better?
  2. MM

MM Administrator

I have an iPod (iPhone) and I love it. I also have a second gen shuffle. The ease of use, the flow with iTunes and my Mac, who could ask for anything more?

I have played with a Zune before. They are nice, too.

I have to stick with Apple on this one.
  3. hank-the-dwarf

i like my zune but i quess it doesnt matter what you have really-the sony mp3 players are nice too-i think i have the entire playlist that hair nation has and more-the enire grunge catologe and most of the old style thrash metal-working on my punk now!
  4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I have an iPod Nano 2G & I like it a lot...:)

The one thing I really like about my iPod is iTunes. It makes it really easy to make playlists & I can listen to my music while I'm on the computer...:D

Buying music & video is easy, too. iTunes takes paypal, & that's good...;)
  5. hank-the-dwarf

i use frostwire-zune has the market place(like itunes i guess)the only thing i like about the software is being able to organize and edit my mp3's-when i had a stiletto the sirius software drove me nuts-the only thing u could do with it was check for updates
  6. My name is Matt

My name is Matt New Member

I have gone through several iPods and I have loved them all. I really like my iTouch alot but that is mostly due to the fact that I have TV shows on there and such. However, the down side is that if I want songs on my iTunes to play on my stiletto 2 I have to change the songs format. I have a 2gb card for my stiletto and it can hold a bunch of songs, but it just takes a while for me to change their format. Call my lazy and impatient I guess. I think a zune would work best for me in this case because the song formats will work for both. But I just love my iTouch way too much. I think both Zune and Apple make great players. It's just a matter of what you need them for.
  7. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I remember my first MP3 player was a Sansa Connect, which worked with Yahoo Music Service. It was a great little device. I used it a while, but eventually upgraded to an iPod.

I have a sister that has a Zune and she totally loves it. I've messed with it a time or two, its has a really cool interface and the Zune Software is really nice.
    ProperModulation likes this.
  8. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

I had a iPod nano for about a year, before the screen worked. I had hacked that thing to hell, too. I had ipod linux on it, had doom installed, and video working just fine, before there was a ipod nano with video. It was pretty nice.

After it broke, I was without an mp3 player of some time, and saw the zune on sale for 90 or so bucks at radioshack on black friday. So I picked it up and have been enjoying it for almost a year now. Microsoft keeps updating even the older ones like mine with the new firmware so all the zunes get updates and features regaurdless. I just bought a zunepass and have been downloading entire albums like crazy. It's fantastic. Can't wait to see what else is coming.

I like them both equally, I guess. It's hard to say.
  9. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I use a little $20 MP3 player for jogging/gym stuff. My brother's g/f has a zune and really likes it. I would probably tend towards zune myself just because Apple products tend to be over priced (imo).
  10. MM

MM Administrator

That is true, but you get high quality products IMO.

My MacBook was expensive. :cool:
    ProperModulation likes this.
  11. My name is Matt

I remember I bought my first MP3 player in 2001. It was made by Creative, not sure what model, but it had AM/FM and it only had 32mb of memory. I think it was 200.00 dollars. It was SD expandable, but a 256mb was 150.00 bucks. Its crazy how far portable audio devices have come in such a short time.
  12. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I bought a 2 GB a few days ago for 19.99.:eek:
  13. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

Yeah, I had an old creative player way back when. I remember seeing the 1st gen ipod on the shelves and thinking how big and bulky they were (not to mention expensive!). I used that thing for years until it finally gave up and stopped working.

I've been through a few ipods and each time I want to upgrade I made sure to look at all the players out there. I liked the Zune, but it still didn't have the slick interface of the Ipod. I'm not an Apple fan at all but their GUI is really first class.
  14. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

I have a 5.5 G iPod Video 80G. The black one. Those black ones were the boss.
  15. hank-the-dwarf

My first mp3 player was actually a s50(miss those days).I used that thing until it died-then the sl100 then a sansa veiw which was ok and now a 30gb zune and i luv it
  16. My name is Matt

Have you guys seen the new ZEN X-Fi? Holy crap that thing is slick! I want one!
  17. Blitz71

Blitz71 Member

Me too....My wife bought me my first mp3 player in 2000 or 2001. It was a Rio, 32mb. I could barely fit a whole album on the damn thing. It didn't work for very long, batteries didn't last. After that I got one of those Sony mini disc players. I used that for about a year or so then got a 2gb ipod nano. I loved the ipod right away. Had the nano for a year then got a 30gb ipod video. Then when the ipod classics came out I got an 80gb classic. I think thats the one I'll be using for a long time to come.
  18. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I own a 160 GB iPod and so far, I have over 7,000 songs and over 100 videos in it.
  19. hank-the-dwarf

30gb zune,2500 songs 2 movies-aint technology great!
  20. Super Dave

Super Dave Member

We have 2 nanos and the girls like them. I have been looking for something with better sound, leaning toward the Sony Walkman. I read the reviews posted here.