iPhone coming to Verizon in January

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Apple's Steve Jobs could appear onstage at Jan. 11 Verizon event

By Josh Ong
Published: 07:05 PM EST

A new report claims that Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs will likely make an onstage appearance next Tuesday at Verizon's media event, which is rumored to contain the long-awaited announcement of a Verizon-compatible CDMA iPhone.

After Verizon sent out invitations to members of the press for a Jan. 11 event with Verizon President Lowell McAdam, a flurry of speculation arose that the event would feature the debut of the Verizon iPhone.

John Paczkowski of the Wall Street Journal Digital Daily blog has added to the rumors, claiming that Apple's Jobs "will likely be a special guest."

"While the appearance isn’t 100 percent assured, sources in a position to know tell me that, barring any unforeseen circumstances, Jobs will likely join McAdam onstage in New York when he announces the addition of the iPhone to its handset lineup," wrote Paczkowski, who views the event's New York location as evidence of a simple carrier announcement for "last year's iPhone."

According to Paczkowski, a new hardware announcement would instead take place in Cupertino or San Francisco.

In October, McAdam told the press that "Apple is the one that has to make" the Verizon iPhone announcement.

AppleInsider | Apple's Steve Jobs could appear onstage at Jan. 11 Verizon event

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I am just hoping that if they release an iPhone in February they don't release a newer one in June. That would be my luck.

Doesn't Apple have a 1 year turn around on new hardware? I am locked in for hardware this year, but next year (2012) I could jump to the iPhone6 or iPhone4GS.

The iPhone4 does everything I need it to do. Other than 4G capabilities, and an antenna fix, not sure what the iPhone4/iPhone4G would offer that couldn't be added to the iPhone4 with a iOS software update.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I am just hoping that if they release an iPhone in February they don't release a newer one in June. That would be my luck.

That's what I think is going to occur. Maybe Apple will release the latest version to At&t before making it available to VZW?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix

Oh I'm sure they will probably release something in June, they usually do.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Tuesday seems to be the big day of the announcement!

MM, you may get your wish, I guess the only thing is when the phones will actually be released. You'll be back in the iPhone camp?

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Doesn't Apple have a 1 year turn around on new hardware? I am locked in for hardware this year, but next year (2012) I could jump to the iPhone6 or iPhone4GS.

They do. I am hoping they go with Verizon in February and ATT in June.

That's what I think is going to occur. Maybe Apple will release the latest version to At&t before making it available to VZW?

I guess we'll see.

Oh I'm sure they will probably release something in June, they usually do.

Which would suck for those who bought in February.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Tuesday seems to be the big day of the announcement!

MM, you may get your wish, I guess the only thing is when the phones will actually be released. You'll be back in the iPhone camp?

I think I will get my wish. I can wait a few more weeks.

I am very excited to get an iPhone again. Its been too long.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think I will get my wish. I can wait a few more weeks.

I am very excited to get an iPhone again. Its been too long.

Sweet! When I am excited for you! I've never been as happy as I am now with my iPhone 4. That retina display is incredible!

Keep us posted!

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Sweet! When I am excited for you! I've never been as happy as I am now with my iPhone 4. That retina display is incredible!

Keep us posted!

I will be in line starting Tuesday evening. :cool:

I really hope it is the 3rd. Heck, maybe it will be sooner?

We'll all know in a few days.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
It would be interesting to know when the new Verizon iPhone 4 CDMA comes out sometime in February. Will there be a iPhone 4G or 5 coming out in June, that would really suck. Because I might buy this new phone early and let my parents take over my old iPhone till the contract runs out.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Depends on how you view your phone. If it does everything you want or need it to do does it have to be the latest and greatest?

You know, you're right.

I was happy with my first gen iPhone. It had 2G (Edge) and it was fine for me.

I do like the latest and greatest, but I will be happy none the less.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
It would be interesting to know when the new Verizon iPhone 4 CDMA comes out sometime in February. Will there be a iPhone 4G or 5 coming out in June, that would really suck. Because I might buy this new phone early and let my parents take over my old iPhone till the contract runs out.

It could be the end of January the WSJ said. We will know all Tuesday.

(Of course, I cannot find the link)

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Verizon Wireless will offer unlimited data plans when it starts selling the iPhone, a person familiar with the matter said, providing a key means of distinguishing its service from rival AT&T Inc.
New buyers of the Apple Inc. phone on AT&T's network have to choose between one of two data plans, each of which caps the amount that can be used. AT&T did away with its unlimited plan for new subscribers last summer, hoping to gain a measure of control over heavy users and to put itself in a better position to turn rising data use into revenue growth.

Read more: Verizon to Offer iPhone Users Unlimited Data - WSJ.com

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I posted this link while back ago, I wonder if Verzion will off this plan to the new iPhone users? This plan was suppose to compete against Sprint Everything Plan.

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/11/07/69-99-verizon-unlimited-plan-text-data-mobile-to-mobile-calling-currently-in-testing-verizon-to-match-sprints-unlimited-everything-data-plan-with-new-plan-of-its-own/

New-Verizon-plans.jpg

Last edited: