iPhone 3Gs Plagued by sound issues?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
There seems to a problem with sound files on the 3G S and the result after they’re triggered. After they are done playing — like the unlock sound, SMS sound, for instance — the iPhone emits a high-frequency tone. No, we’re not kidding. Something pretty high around 15KHz. We’ve confirmed this isn’t a local isolated issue with our phone, and since some people can’t hear these types of high-pitched tones, your iPhone might produce it yet you’d never notice.

I really didn't believe this when I read it, but sure enough I can hear this. It is believed this is a software issue because if you set the phone to vibrate there is no such sound.

If you have a 3Gs let one of the sounds play and then put your ear up to the speaker.. sure enough you will hear it, well at least I do.

I am sure this will be addressed with an update at some point. Right now it doesn't really bother me, but it is something they need to address. I don't usually have the speaker stuff in my ear, so making a big deal out of this is silly.

The original internet article on this can be found here: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/06/20/iphone-3g-s-plagued-by-sound-issues/