International News

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Haha! That's especially funny to me, because over the past year, I can't seem to get away from that song. We played it in the community band for our summer repertoire, which goes from May through September. They added Yacht Rock Radio to SiriusXM, which is good for background music, but every 3rd song is Africa. And then Weezer had to come out with a cover, which got played on both the adult contemporary and alternative rock stations. I feel like I've been hearing it endlessly.

Reactions: HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
So ist es! Damit kann ich nicht argumentieren. But we'd better go back to speaking English before Mister scotch accuses us of idolizing Colonel Klink and General Burkhalter. :D

Reactions: hyson

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Well, Mister scotch, you've been critical of quite a few of my posts. You also don't always understand my sarcasm (such as in the above post). Tell ya what, call my secretary next Monday and schedule a series of appointments and together you and I will get to the root of your emotional and psychological shortcomings and formulate an effective plan for dealing with them. I'm not a therapist or psychiatrist but this could be a good opportunity for me to make a few hundred dollars with little effort.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Well, Mister scotch, you've been critical of quite a few of my posts. You also don't always understand my sarcasm (such as in the above post). Tell ya what, call my secretary next Monday and schedule a series of appointments and together you and I will get to the root of your emotional and psychological shortcomings and formulate an effective plan for dealing with them. I'm not a therapist or psychiatrist but this could be a good opportunity for me to make a few hundred dollars with little effort.
????
Leave Scotch out of your posts, and vice versa.

Point being; give each other some room.

We do have an ignore feature.

Somebody had better start using it.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Herr Hectic, na gut. Ich will hier keine Probleme mit jemandem. Manche Leute sind einfach nur. Sie sind auch auf anderen Webseiten. Ich will sie nicht nennen.

Or, as Michelle Tanner might say: You got it, dude.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
tenor.gif

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
98, I've been using the ignore feature for some time now.

You're better off just ignoring some people. It sucks, but it's better than getting sucked into the bullshit.

????
Leave Scotch out of your posts, and vice versa.

Point being; give each other some room.

We do have an ignore feature.

Somebody had better start using it.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
On another forum I'm on, there is one person who uses demeaning names for other posters; quotes, and then alters, other people's posts; spews insults and accusations; and tries to bait people into arguing with him. I call him a master baiter. (Yes, I really do.) A few people have quit posting -- he drove them away. Everyone else ignores him.

Nobody on DRC comes even remotely close to being that nasty -- and the person who calls himself the "Forum Jerk" isn't really a jerk.

At least I haven't noticed it yet. :D

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
and the person who calls himself the "Forum Jerk" isn't really a jerk.

At least I haven't noticed it yet. :D
I could point out examples, but I won't. Besides, he probably wouldn't see it anyway. Suffice it to say that his self-chosen moniker was not meant to be ironic.