Installation Question

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
If I went to the car audio department of your average Best Buy, could they:

1. Run a splitter off of the OEM XM antenna in my car so that the in-dash stays connected but also provide me with an antenna wire in the cabin for a pnp?

2. Run a 5V power wire along with the antenna so that I don't have to plug into an outlet?

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
If I went to the car audio department of your average Best Buy, could they:

1. Run a splitter off of the OEM XM antenna in my car so that the in-dash stays connected but also provide me with an antenna wire in the cabin for a pnp?

2. Run a 5V power wire along with the antenna so that I don't have to plug into an outlet?

I would avoid a big box store to be honest with you. If they screw up your car they will just make up for the cost on it by selling more iPods and guitar hero. I would really suggest going to an independent car stereo place to get your stuff worked on. However, I don't think anyone would be able to splice your antenna and get it to work for two units. I wouldn't even have someone attempt it because if they cut that cable it could ruin it and you're out a vehicle antenna. As for the 5v line, a professional car audio installer would be more than capable with performing that task.