Inno or XMP3

Nov 19, 2009
Ky
Came here today looking for a thread like this. I have one of the Pioneer XMp3's. It has served me well (3 plus years), it runs constantly. I let it record music overnight and then play it all day at work.

It is starting to show its age. The head phone jack no longer works, some of the buttons are slow in responding and some lag in the Ui.

Was looking to see what else (if anything) was out there but it sounds like I will just go back with a new one ( XMP3i I guess). I think I will have to change out my FM radio modulator though, I think the new unit handles if different than the old Pioneer one.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Came here today looking for a thread like this. I have one of the Pioneer XMp3's. It has served me well (3 plus years), it runs constantly. I let it record music overnight and then play it all day at work.

It is starting to show its age. The head phone jack no longer works, some of the buttons are slow in responding and some lag in the Ui.

Was looking to see what else (if anything) was out there but it sounds like I will just go back with a new one ( XMP3i I guess). I think I will have to change out my FM radio modulator though, I think the new unit handles if different than the old Pioneer one.
I had an Inno, XMp3 and a XMP3i and they all were good radios, but had a short lifespan and SXM has discontinued firmware support for them, which makes them non supportive of any 2.0 features or any future SXM technology. With the newest price cut to $89.99( and home and car dock prices have been cut to under $20), I highly recommend the Lynx.

Only radio that offers:
> All satellite channels including the Xtra channels- can record 5 channels at 1 time, TuneMix- create a shuffle mode with any 5 channels
> All internet channels including OnDemand, StartNow & MyControl: personalized versions of SXM's music channels(coming Soon to the Lynx)
> web browser and fully Bluetooth capable
> Fully supportive of all future updates and new 2.0 technology

SiriusXM Lynx Wi-Fi Portable Radio Kit SXi1

Nov 19, 2009
Ky
I had an Inno, XMp3 and a XMP3i and they all were good radios, but had a short lifespan and SXM has discontinued firmware support for them, which makes them non supportive of any 2.0 features or any future SXM technology. With the newest price cut to $89.99( and home and car dock prices have been cut to under $20), I highly recommend the Lynx.

Only radio that offers:
> All satellite channels including the Xtra channels- can record 5 channels at 1 time, TuneMix- create a shuffle mode with any 5 channels
> All internet channels including OnDemand, StartNow & MyControl: personalized versions of SXM's music channels(coming Soon to the Lynx)
> web browser and fully Bluetooth capable
> Fully supportive of all future updates and new 2.0 technology

SiriusXM Lynx Wi-Fi Portable Radio Kit SXi1

Thanks for that, it looks like the $89.99 price if for new subscribers though (unless i am reading it wrong). I have a lifetime Sub that I would be transferring. I like that it is also Wi-Fi, I pay for the Wi-Fi add-on yearly now so I can have XM on my iPhone. Do you know if this radio will add firmware updates through wi-fi.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The main point I meant to stress was that even if you don't plan to use it in Internet mode, it has the most features available in satellite mode and is the best for recording with 3 separate recording options.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Thanks for that, it looks like the $89.99 price if for new subscribers though (unless i am reading it wrong). I have a lifetime Sub that I would be transferring. I like that it is also Wi-Fi, I pay for the Wi-Fi add-on yearly now so I can have XM on my iPhone. Do you know if this radio will add firmware updates through wi-fi.
Call Taylor at 312-846-6606 and I'm sure he can work with you on a deal.

Yes, only SXM radio that does that- just got the latest update Feb 13th and the next one with the personalized channels should be any day now! Here's the history of updates:
Product and Service Alerts - Shop - SiriusXM Radio

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

Mike pretty well covered it on the Lynx. I'm still giddy about mine.

I was working out of town for a couple of months and couldn't travel with a dock and antenna, so when I was home on weekends, I'd dock it and load it up with replay content. I'd have around 120 hours of material to listen to while I was on the road. It was awesome.

The Lynx is the radio that will get the most attention from SXM in terms of updates and whatnot over the next several years. The Android os make it easy for them to maintain.

Let us know what you decided to do!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GrĂĽpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I also gave my XMP3i and boombox/homekit away. Gave it to my brother. He uses it all the time. I already have a radio in the living room (Lynx) and bedroom (SL2). I had the xmp3i in the kitchen but I rarely used it.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Hey, I turned on my Inno a couple weeks ago. I had 3 and a friend had 4. I gave my grandmother 2 and she uses it out of town. One of his is in mint condition and works great. The boombox still works great too. Loving it. That think is a tank. The sucky part is the terrestrial signal is super weak compared to when I shut it down.

Reactions: HecticArt

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
So my 6 month select package was going to run out and they gave me a deal for all access on my Helix. It's weird, howard 100 sounds distorted especially after the final word of a sentence. I can hear a hiss in between the last word and the next word. Sounds like the output is set at '11'

I'd like to say it was because I'm going from app to radio but it sounds overcooked. Any ideas?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It might be some kind of noise cancelling software on your radio which messes up a bit on spoken word.

On any radio I have had, the spoken channels sound pretty bad. Never listened to Howard.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Naw, it's every channel that sounds like it's under water. I am listening to all the recorded music I have and it's as clear as either service ever was.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Took 4 indian sounding men and women until I could get to tech support. All their reps seem to believe every last sub is a car. Oh you have an actual radio radio?? You dumbass, we're all car and app all the time now. Haha. I even got a sales guy, who sounded american. Tech said they hadn't gotten any calls about it. I tried an inno a helix, the app on two of my headphones and to a high quality receiver with my wife's app. Now let me be honest my wife don't know nothin about hi-fi sounding equipment and she couldn't care less. She actually laughs at me until she hears her crap music on my gear. Then she gets it.

I told the dude to call the guys who turn the nobs to actually turn any of their radios on and tell me it didn't sound like a turd smells. I asked him how long he worked there, 4 years. I said look dude I've been on this service for 15 years and this is the worst it's ever sounded. There was a time years ago when it was bad and I called. The treble is too high, the bass output too high to my ears. Flip to recorded music and talk on the player and it sounds brilliant compared to the current live broadcast. I listened to on demand shows, same crap. I just finished tuesdays howard show that was cashed in my phone and i didn't notice any difference. Flip to live and it's crap.

Finally I asked my wife who is terribly sick, she literally spent most all of wednesday night attached to the toilet, and she wasn't drunk. Her ragged beaten down ass listened to a variate of channels, then my recordings. She says 'ya howard doesn't sound like that'. Yesssssss, she's finally on my side!!!

Rant over.

Reactions: semipenguin

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Anybody notice the crap sound quality?? We can't be the only two on the continent. Howard still sounds like crap, as does all the talk radio I've checked. It's unlistenable for me.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
So the tech support people called the other day, I missed it, said potential spam, but the wife picked up though she didn't know how to address the problem. I hope they call back. Had another friend Friday confirm the service sounds like 'S' so now I truly believe I'm not going crazy.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
My wife got a call from technical support yesterday, didn't know what to say. They called me this morning and I told the nice lady my sound issues. She sort of understood. She said there was a tower outage in town. We only have one that I know of. I told her the tower is transmitting and that it was the sound quality on all devices that sound bad, even the app. She will take it up with the tech people. Then I got another call a few hours ago asking me what the problem is. Both very nice ladies and understanding. But I don't need understanding I need the talk channels to not sound like metal scrapping metal and the music channels to not sound like they're underwater.

Reactions: goreds2

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My wife got a call from technical support yesterday, didn't know what to say. They called me this morning and I told the nice lady my sound issues. She sort of understood. She said there was a tower outage in town. We only have one that I know of. I told her the tower is transmitting and that it was the sound quality on all devices that sound bad, even the app. She will take it up with the tech people. Then I got another call a few hours ago asking me what the problem is. Both very nice ladies and understanding. But I don't need understanding I need the talk channels to not sound like metal scrapping metal and the music channels to not sound like they're underwater.
Your call is important to us .....

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Ok, so it's been around 58 hours since I spoke with customer care. The service still sounds horrible on all players. Best on the app, but barely. I flipped to my recorded music and it sounds like it should. The current signal is lifeless, the highs are too high and lows aren't low enough. Anybody??

Channel 42 changed again. MSNBC has a different logo, channel 108, 99, 146 and a few others are down, claiming there's a game on and will return after the game is over!!! HAhahhah, this if F'd up boys and gals.

My mon even said howard sounded like garbage.

Reactions: goreds2

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Well boys and girls I'm out! We swapped from the helix to the Inno, they thought it was the helix. We tested it, sounded horribly on the inno. I was with tech support, who hung up on me. I sent another complaint, and will mail one to the company. They still had the helix on the account after I told them to cancel them all. That only took 2 hours. I'll miss channel 100 and Potus, so I'll have to go back to AM testical comedy (there isn't any) and right wing radio and read the paper more. Told the nice lady to call me back when your techs actually listen to the service in their car, home unit, or even the app and hear what I'm hearing.

Good run, wish you all the best. Get that vaccine any way you can. Lates from Oregon.

Geo.