Inno/Helix Firmware Hack 2.11 (FM Mod is back!!)

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
WARNING!!! Do not upgrade to the hacked firmware of your Inno without first upgrading to the latest LEGITIMATE firmware from XM!!! You WILL brick your Inno! You MUST have the latest XM firmware installed first, before hacking!!
UPGRADE TO LEGIT FIRMWARE HERE:
http://www.xmradio.com/firmware-upgrade/index.xmc

ALSO: Me, this thread's OP, DRC or Orbitcast take no responsibility for what may happen to your Inno if you decide to load an unauthorized firmware on it (i.e., you can break your XM radio). Known to work well with Inno1's, and some Inno2's.

Read Ryan's instructions on Orbitcast here:
**read me first**

LASTLY, four more things. (1) You still need some sort of FM antenna attached to boost the FM signal, otherwise the signal is VERY weak. Either sitting in a dock (home dock works well), or a set of antenna headphones. (2) The FM mod hack will reset to "off" every time you power down the Inno. (3) The Samsung logo on startup and the Inno now identifying itself as a HELIX radio are known "side effects". (4) This mod/hack should work for the Helix radios, too.

blacknoi

Oct 14, 2008
I have firmware 1.05 and love the fm mod, but HATE the bugs.

Does this make the fm mod work EXACTLY the same way the 1.05 firmware does?

I.E.:

Home cradle: FM mod automatally comes on if the inno is cradled
Car Cradle: FM mod comes on automatically if the inno is cradled
No cradle: FM Mod needs to be turned on, by changing the setting from "auto" to "ON" (and you need to have headphones plugged in to act as an antenna, or the ac plug in the side)

Thats how my 1.05 firmware works today. Does the 2.11 hacked work exactly the same? If so I'll give it a shot.

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
I have firmware 1.05 and love the fm mod, but HATE the bugs.

Does this make the fm mod work EXACTLY the same way the 1.05 firmware does?

I.E.:

Home cradle: FM mod automatally comes on if the inno is cradled
Car Cradle: FM mod comes on automatically if the inno is cradled
No cradle: FM Mod needs to be turned on, by changing the setting from "auto" to "ON" (and you need to have headphones plugged in to act as an antenna, or the ac plug in the side)

Thats how my 1.05 firmware works today. Does the 2.11 hacked work exactly the same? If so I'll give it a shot.
If that's how 1.05 worked, then close. The FM mod doesn't come on automatically in the home cradle. Also note the bolded portion. It does not transmit far without either the antenna headphone.

JUST REMEMBER to upgrade to the legitimate 2.11 first, THEN the hacked 2.11.

Nov 13, 2008
If that's how 1.05 worked, then close. The FM mod doesn't come on automatically in the home cradle. Also note the bolded portion. It does not transmit far without either the antenna headphone.

This is probably why mine went so smoothly. :whistle:

blacknoi

Oct 14, 2008

Thats a bummer, but I think it still might be worth while.

Will have to think about if the inconvenience of having to manually turn on the FM mod in the home cradle is worth the 2.11 improvements.

Thanks for letting me know how it worked.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I never did firmware upgrades after I got my Inno, so I've had my FM Mod the whole time:p

Good thing too since that's the only way I listen to it:D