"Inglorious Basterds"

Supafly

Oct 12, 2008
Tarantino at his best.

Over the top violence, maddening suspense, spectacular acting; the best I've seen since Pulp Fiction.

It's not history, it's fiction written the way you'd like history to be.

Not as cartoonish as "Kill Bill," it's sadistic to a fault, but entertaining as hell.

The theatre I was in clapped. Me for the brillance of the filmmaking and the joy of watching.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Tarantino at his best.

Over the top violence, maddening suspense, spectacular acting; the best I've seen since Pulp Fiction.

It's not history, it's fiction written the way you'd like history to be.

Not as cartoonish as "Kill Bill," it's sadistic to a fault, but entertaining as hell.

The theatre I was in clapped. Me for the brillance of the filmmaking and the joy of watching.

Thank you for posting this. I love all of his films and am really looking forward to this but it is nice to hear a real person saying it is great and not just some bloated critic.

Awesome.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I saw it tonight, too. It's great, and Tarantino has lost his mind. A lot of the audience was disappointed by it, since the trailer was misleading.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I saw it tonight, too. It's great, and Tarantino has lost his mind. A lot of the audience was disappointed by it, since the trailer was misleading.

I hope Tarantino never gets off of the coke. I'm soooo looking forward to seeing this flick.

Thanks for the reviews guys!

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Saw it tonight. It was clearly one of Quentin's best.

I thought the character of "Shosanna" (Mélanie Laurent) was much stronger than that of Brad Pitt's, only because she did possibly one of the smartest and bravest acts of heroism, even if it never happened in real life.

One of the topics discussed in the film was the fact that movies made before 1950 were on highly-flammable nitrate stock. Over time, nitrate film disintegrates into powder, and because of neglect, it's believed that half of all movies made prior to 1950 are gone, possibly forever. Many long-lost films have been discovered, only to be in rough shape. I've always been a fan of film preservation, and I'm glad that the film talked about it.