In a Year and a Half I'm Out of Here.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
Well he said it as clear as anything. We have all known it was coming but now he isn't even debating it.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
not so sure about this...my guess is he may re-sign at satellite or even back to testicle radio...don't believe the hype about freedom to curse etc...he could go back to a "clean" show no problem if the $ was right

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
May just be a leverage tool to jack his contract amount through fan outcry.

I think so too, he's done this before.

Unfortunately though, I strongly doubt that Sirius/XM is going to pay him more than he's already making (or even keep him on at the current salary). I don't think they can afford it. Because of that, contract renegotiation will fail, and I think he'll leave.

:(

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I can't imagine Sirius thinking about putting a lot of money into an increasingly bored Stern for another contract. If they did consider signing him for the same price (or even more) I'm sure that his work ethic would come into discussion.

He sounded increasingly bored and distracted when talking about MJ (so you don't know if MJ was a child molester but he had to have kids that had no relationship with him...?)....He made a good point when he said he wondered why everyone had to wait and here what he had to say. I mean, the man was more affected by the death of Gale Storm (whoever the hell she was). He obviously had nothing nice to say and it was all old MJ jokes (which he even admitted he pulled from the internet). And he had no idea who Billy Mays was? It honestly might be time to hang it up. Whatever he does, I just hope he gets it together and reads a newspaper to see what is going on in this media that he thinks he is king of....

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I think so too, he's done this before.

Unfortunately though, I strongly doubt that Sirius/XM is going to pay him more than he's already making (or even keep him on at the current salary). I don't think they can afford it. Because of that, contract renegotiation will fail, and I think he'll leave.

:(

He may just be really bored getting to do whatever he feels like doing. The fighting with the networks was a big driver for him.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
I think we should all be glad he's here right now, and not think about him leaving.

I mean, where else would we get two week-plus old news from? Were we supposed to get all the Farrah and Michael Jackson news like everyone else - when it happened? No, sir. I'm going to wait for Howard to put his special spin on the situation, as only he can.

Poor Artie. Each time he went to the local liquor store, he had to listen to fans wondering what Howard was thinking about Michael Jackson passing. Hahaha...

Thank god Howard went into his story about his meeting with Michael Jackson again. He's only told it numerous times, and it was also in one of his shit books.

Imagine that meeting - Two rail thin, pasty white, surgically altered feminine men trying to do business. One is fixing his taped on nose, the other's eyes darting from side to side. Hahahaha...

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I think we should all be glad he's here right now, and not think about him leaving.

I mean, where else would we get two week-plus old news from? Were we supposed to get all the Farrah and Michael Jackson news like everyone else - when it happened? No, sir. I'm going to wait for Howard to put his special spin on the situation, as only he can.

Poor Artie. Each time he went to the local liquor store, he had to listen to fans wondering what Howard was thinking about Michael Jackson passing. Hahaha...

Thank god Howard went into his story about his meeting with Michael Jackson again. He's only told it numerous times, and it was also in one of his shit books.

Imagine that meeting - Two rail thin, pasty white, surgically altered feminine men trying to do business. One is fixing his taped on nose, the other's eyes darting from side to side. Hahahaha...

And you're usually much more positive than this. What gives?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX

I had never heard it before. Not all the current listeners are seasoned veterans like yourself and many others on this board. I was pretty interested in what Howard had to say about Michael Jackson this morning.

Reactions: Bark

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
if he bounces, hopefully bubba becomes sirius exclusive and can start putting on good shows instead of the sh*tty one he's been doing the last few months.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
if he bounces, hopefully bubba becomes sirius exclusive and can start putting on good shows instead of the sh*tty one he's been doing the last few months.

Unfourtnately I think that ship has sailed. He can get good money on regular radio and we already know Sirius isn't interested in paying him anything decent.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I'm curious, which jokes about MJ came from the internet?? I heard the one that Artie had heard, but were there others?

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Sirius is in a tough situation with Stern. He brings a TON of listeners but they really just don't have money to give him a new contract. It'll be interesting to see how things change once they free up $100 million/year.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH

They only way that will happen is if Bubba and the gang move to NY City. Thats all Mel cares about. Look how great Mad Dogs channel turned out(ranked 123 or some shit like that). Mel needs to get it through his thick fucking head that the be all end all is not in NY. There is a whole country out here. '

I doubt Mel wants to resign Ellis. I love Sirius and all,but some of the stupid shit they do makes me wonder. Yea lets give a few million to Jamie Fox and Martha.

Last edited:

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
What they need to do is completely consolidate their programming so that there is only one choice and start marketing again.

Schmidty

Dec 9, 2008
Mel needs to get it through his thick fucking head that the be all end all is not in NY. There is a whole country out here. '

Agreed. I'm a huge sports fan and I could care less what another douchebag from NY thinks about sports.