I'm officially cancelled.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

30 for ?

I got the best of right here on SIRI don't need or want anything XM has to offer.

We rarely agreed but you will be missed. :bow:

JJS

Oct 13, 2008
Take care all. I'm not willing to pay $30/month. The merger is a scam. Love the service, not willing to pay $30/month. The "Best of" is a total scam.

Is the $399 Lifetime plan something you'd consider? I replaced an add-on sub with a second Lifetime to avoid all these price hits. Even if you put it on plastic, Lifetime has a great ROI, especially now that SXM is on a firmer financial footing.

JJS

Oct 13, 2008
$30 for XM with best of Siri. F*ck it. I'll listen to an IPOD. It's not the money, it's that the merger was supposed to make things cheaper. I'm paying DOUBLE.

There was no Lifetime XM plan before the merger. I paid $499 for a five-year plan in '05, vs $399 for a Lifetime this year. To which was credited about $100 from the five-year.

So the merger did make XM cheaper long-term, if you play your cards.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Of all people I thought would cancel, you weren't on the list. :eek:

However this is 'Digital Radio Central.' I'm not subscribed to XM anymore either, and I'm here. :D

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
How is your sub $30?

I have two Sirius Subs and just got an email that they're going up by about .39 each but who cares?

I think my TWO subs with premium internet is $27.00. I still say that is really worth it.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
Just because you cancelled doesn't mean you have to leave the forums. Like Jon said above, the name of the forums are "Digital Radio Central", meaning all forms of digital entertainment is welcome.

Hell, I cancelled my service last year before it was time to renew and haven't looked back. I hadn't listened to it much before I had cancelled, so why pay for something you don't use?

SISO

Oct 11, 2008
As a SiriusXM stockholder I don't like seeing this. Their subscriber loss is something they need to get a handle on quickly.

I'm curious as to how your bill is $30? Even with the best of it should be no where near that.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Just because you cancelled doesn't mean you have to leave the forums. Like Jon said above, the name of the forums are "Digital Radio Central", meaning all forms of digital entertainment is welcome.

Hell, I cancelled my service last year before it was time to renew and haven't looked back. I hadn't listened to it much before I had cancelled, so why pay for something you don't use?

Actually we are changing the name of the forums soon to
"Captain BMF......and Friends"

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
That's why I'm glad I got a SIRIUS Lifetime sub when the free internet radio was provided and the "Best of XM" lifetime add-on was only $50.

In fact, I'm thinking of getting XM (with or without the Best of SIRIUS) on a lifetime sub before the new fees take effect.

I guess it's really all about timing. If you like the service, why not consider doing this as well? $399 for SIRIUS or XM and $499 for SIRIUS with BOXM or XM with BOS.

Sad to see you go, but I wish you the best of luck. :hw:

Last edited:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.

I'm not leaving the forums, just XM. The best deal they would offer me is $27/month, and that's only if I paid for an entire year. For me it's just the principle. They said the merger would save us money, instead my bill almost doubled. I wish would Ellis would do a podcast. I'd prefer to just pay by the show for downloads.

Sirius-XM is crazy to be continuously raising prices. I think they've pushed a lot of people into canceling over the last year.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
I'm not leaving the forums, just XM. The best deal they would offer me is $27/month, and that's only if I paid for an entire year. For me it's just the principle. They said the merger would save us money, instead my bill almost doubled. I wish would Ellis would do a podcast. I'd prefer to just pay by the show for downloads.

Sirius-XM is crazy to be continuously raising prices. I think they've pushed a lot of people into canceling over the last year.

That still doesn't answer how your bill was $30. Did you have two subscriptions?

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I have to say, that since the merger I haven't been happy either.. I only have Sirius..not best of XM.. I had 4 receivers.. when my original starmate died I did not replace it.. and now since the merger my receiver with the alert feature doesn't work for all the stations/artists..so I canceled that one too (as of July 12th)..

now I'm down to 2..