If You Were in Charge

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by siriusfan, Jan 8, 2009.

1. siriusfan

siriusfan Member

If I was in charge:

I would Drop Sirius Love and bring back Movin' Easy
    Drop E-Street and put pop2K on Channel 10
    Drop the Grateful Dead and replace it with The Village
    Move Cinemagic to the Internet
    I would also consider dumping one of the country channels in favor of a less covered genre

What would you do?

2. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

I would drop the Dead and replace it with disorder
    I would also dedicate a channel exlcusively to a rotating artist of the week.
    Put Pop 2K on 10
    And also combine Hair Nation and the Boneyard with newer classic rock tracks.

3. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me!

4. GoodDog

GoodDog Well-Known Member

I'd drop everything you listen to.:p

5. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

even the all 3 stooges station???

6. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

That wouldnt exist lol.

7. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

I would also have one channel dedicated to a rotating artist of the week. (The first week would be Britney Spears radio. I know a lot of you don't like her, but I just can't help it...I want to get into bed with her)!

I would combine Boneyard with Hair Nation.

I would get rid of E-Street Radio and the Grateful Dead Channel (and play their music on Jam On where it belongs), but I would keep Elvis Radio.

I would make Radio Margaritaville more like the old Vacation channel.

I would expand all playlists, particularly on 80s on 8 and The Beat.

I would find a way to put the Groove, the Village, Pop2K, and Cinemagic on Sirius.

I would combine 20 on 20 and Hits 1- it would have Spyder Harrison on it as well as the interactive Top 20 coundown, but no stupid Morning Mashup.

I would have a channel called "The Sirius XM Cemetary", which would rotate unique channels hat have been killed on a weekly basis (Boombox, On The Rocks, Special X, X Country, Disorder, etc.)

I would create Barry White's Sex Music- which would play music to get chicks naked with! It would replace that lame Love chanel.

I might also consider combining The Pulse and The Blend.

I would find a way to bring back Bubba LIVE AND UNCENSORED five days a week.

I would MAKE Howard work 5 days a week.

I would bring back Jim Bruer's old Unleashed show.

I would make Faction a punk music channel. (Tony Hawk and Ellis would stay, though)

I would drop censorship from each and every channel ( yes, even the Hits Channel); you might even hear a cuss word on Radio Disney if something they played had one in it!

I would tell the Shade 45 hosts Lord Sear and Rude Jude to start accepting requests and stop cussing out callers.

Quite a list, huh? Well, I know I'm totally dreaming on a lot of these, but if I was TOTALLY incharge and could do whatever I wanted, this would be it (for starters).

8. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

You would be one wild CEO Bandit with those changes.

9. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

5 simple things:

- BRING CINEMAGIC BACK TO SIRIUS :)

- GET RID OF BACKSEAT TV

- Drop E Street Radio and all other single artist channels and merge content with their respective genres

- Merge Talk channels (SIRIUS Left with America Left, SIRIUS Patriot with America Right, etc.)

- With the remaining bandwidth, run a campaign on the existing channels for listeners to give their feedback on what they want to hear on SIRIUS XM and pick from the most popular choices to apply the remaining bandwidth to.

10. buckeye96

buckeye96 Member

Several more simple things:

- Its about CONTENT and not the delivery system

- More UNIQUE channels: Reggae, punk, electronica, etc. The less like FM the better. Bring people in that want to listen to formats that terrestial music can't provide.

- Accept, embrace your listeners and make them part of the music experience.

11. xan_user

xan_user Banned

:bigclap:

Why is it so hard for uncle Mel to see something so simple?

12. SSF

SSF Member

1.) I would radically change the companies image and start and aggressive marketing campaign.
    2.) I would boast about the music content and stop trying to use talent to draw in subscribers since the majority of us are already on board.
    3.) I would build partnerships with different markets (ie. Microsoft's XBOX Live service, permitting Sirius Internet Radio users to stream music directly onto there console for both in-game soundtracks and the ability to navigate channels directly from your television screen like you can with certain Sirius ready a/v receivers on the market already.

I have already submitted my proposals to Sirius XM already and hope at least some of it is taken under consideration.

13. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

-Make Howard Stern work Friday AND/Or actually get up off his ass and do Letterman once a year!

-Increase play lists on all genres (especially the 80s) and try to include more specaility programming with and without DJs

-Add a Proper AC station (most Ac stations play eighties to current...having a station play the seventies is a bit much) and if possible, a Movin' EZ type station with light sixties and seventies light stuff

-To cut costs, get rid of DJs on some stations, including celebrity hosts music shows and channels (Eminem has a station that he probably has no involvement in...and it's 2009?)

-No more single stations that last out last their welcome. A month is fine. Not too little, not too much. A single station that rotates. Have artists fight over it, don't just hand it over.

-Merge talk channels

-In general, add music, subtract sports (I think there are too many stations for it)

14. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I am totally with you.

15. Steel Cranium

Steel Cranium Well-Known Member

I would first focus on the music.

Write down each genre of music on a card, place them all on a big table. Genres only, not single artists. Assign each genre to a current channel. Look at stations that do not have a card assigned. This is probably due to overlap or redundancy. Plan to remove or re-purpose. Review genres that don't have a home. Make a home for these. After this exercise, satellite will provide any type of music at any time, what I expected to get when I signed on long ago.

Assign one station for individual artists, especially around releases of new music or anniversaries rotated each week or so. A bit longer (two weeks) for the biggies, less (weekends or so) for artists with less music in their catalog. We have a college station in the area that do single day 'mini-marathons' during the summer. They have a good formula = find a real fan/insider for a band, play music from that band + influences + related material. Something like this provides a Smiths weekend (week) that would include material from the Smiths, Morrissey, The The, (Marr), Electronic (Marr), Modest Mouse (Marr), etc. If college kids can get it right, why not the Sat programmers?

This exercise would probably show that stations like Boombox are sorely missed, which covered a few genres such as breakbeats/electro-rock/recent rock remixes.

16. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

Don't fuck with my sports, now.

17. xan_user

xan_user Banned

$5 a month each for music, talk or sports.

I could care less about talk and sports so why pay for it.

Gee, if only a la carte wasn't limited to one of the WORST radios ever...:mad:

18. magleamin7

magleamin7 Member

I would bring back POP2K, and leave all the decades channels alone because they have awesome playlists, have both the channel numbers the same on both services and use the internet radio for certain channels as well as others that were dropped. I would also have all sports on both sides and drop the best of XM.

19. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

You actually think the 80s channel playlis is "awesome"? I got a Slacker just because I think that channel blows! But you are entitled to your opinion, too. To each his own.