If you leave a note for delivery driver....

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
If you put a note on your front door telling the delivery person to leave the signature NOT required package at your front door, you may want to rethink the process. If you put the note at your garage, side door, basement door, dog house, outhouse, hen house or where ever in the world you imagined i might leave the package, then the note would make perfect sense.

But to put a note on your front door telling me to leave the package at your front door is stupidity of the first degree.

Am I wrong here?

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
If you put a note on your front door telling the delivery person to leave the signature NOT required package at your front door, you may want to rethink the process. If you put the note at your garage, side door, basement door, dog house, outhouse, hen house or where ever in the world you imagined i might leave the package, then the note would make perfect sense.

But to put a note on your front door telling me to leave the package at your front door is stupidity of the first degree.

Am I wrong here?

I guess it depends on where you live. I'm in a condo, so I would not put that. If you live in a semi-secluded house, not a problem.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
Thx Cpt, but no matter how secluded ones home is, I still don't see the need to put a note ON THE FRONT DOOR, telling me to leave the package AT THE FRONT DOOR. Especially considering that I have to walk to the front door to see the note in the first place. Like I said, if you think ill leave the package somewhere other than the front door, then wouldn't it make more sense to leave the note at that location?

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
And then do what with it? Did you want to see it? The note was handwritten on a sheet of printer paper, it said and i quote "Fedex, please leave pkg at front door....thx". And the note was taped to the front door. I know it's Christmas shopping season and people do get crazy with the anticipation about the deliveries. But seriously.....a note on the door telling me to leave the package at the door makes no sense to me.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
And then do what with it? Did you want to see it? The note was handwritten on a sheet of printer paper, it said and i quote "Fedex, please leave pkg at front door....thx". And the note was taped to the front door. I know it's Christmas shopping season and people do get crazy with the anticipation about the deliveries. But seriously.....a note on the door telling me to leave the package at the door makes no sense to me.

I've done this same thing because I didn't want to drive to the UPS office. If I knew it was something not worth much and that I would be home around the time of delivery, I would say, "leave it".

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

Sorry. Just trying to help :rolleyes:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Those were yours? :(:eek:
:idunno:
What happened to don't ask don't tell? . . . .
:rofl2:
But the thing is Cpt, it did NOT require a signature.....NONE. For me it's a drop and run situation. Notes just slow me down as i have to take time to read them.:smug:

The note might have well said:

"Dear Mr. Criminal, My house will be empty till sometime after 5:00. Please help yourself to the gift that will soon be sitting at my front door. Also, please invite yourself in and feel welcome to take my flat screen TV home with you. And don't drink, my last beer. I'll be looking for that while I'm waiting for my insurance agent to call me back.

Sincerely,
Dingus"

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
But the thing is Cpt, it did NOT require a signature.....NONE. For me it's a drop and run situation. Notes just slow me down as i have to take time to read them.:smug:

Could have been someone who doesn't ship or receive stuff very often and they just assumed that you'd need a signature. I used to do that at my old apartment so that they wouldn't take it to the rental office and let those goons watch over it until I can get there during working hours to pick it up.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Thx Cpt, but no matter how secluded ones home is, I still don't see the need to put a note ON THE FRONT DOOR, telling me to leave the package AT THE FRONT DOOR. Especially considering that I have to walk to the front door to see the note in the first place. Like I said, if you think ill leave the package somewhere other than the front door, then wouldn't it make more sense to leave the note at that location?

If I am expecting a package and know that I won't be home, I usually leave a note at the front door saying that it is ok to leave and please accept this as my signature--only because I don't really know if the package will require me to sign for it or not.

I agree with you on the stupidness end of your idea--I mean, like, DUH, the person is already at the front door so why would they take it somewhere else.

I just always leave a note because I F'ing hate it when you have to wait till after 3pm and drive all the way to the delivery office to pick up something. pain in the butt.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
The note might have well said:

"Dear Mr. Criminal, My house will be empty till sometime after 5:00. Please help yourself to the gift that will soon be sitting at my front door. Also, please invite yourself in and feel welcome to take my flat screen TV home with you. And don't drink, my last beer. I'll be looking for that while I'm waiting for my insurance agent to call me back.

Sincerely,
Dingus"

Ding! This is the correct answer.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
If I am expecting a package and know that I won't be home, I usually leave a note at the front door saying that it is ok to leave and please accept this as my signature--only because I don't really know if the package will require me to sign for it or not.

If the package requires an "indirect" signature, i'll take the note as a signature. It requires about an extra minute of paperwork on my part, but that's much faster than making a second attempt the next day. An indirect signature is when an actual person does NOT have to be present. If no one is home i leave a little note on the door that you can sign and leave out for me the next day. But people like you that take some initiative and leave a note are my favorite types of deliveries. No second attempt the next day to collect the signed note. Saves, miles, fuel and time.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
If the package requires an "indirect" signature, i'll take the note as a signature. It requires about an extra minute of paperwork on my part, but that's much faster than making a second attempt the next day. An indirect signature is when an actual person does NOT have to be present. If no one is home i leave a little note on the door that you can sign and leave out for me the next day. But people like you that take some initiative and leave a note are my favorite types of deliveries. No second attempt the next day to collect the signed note. Saves, miles, fuel and time.

See, that is me, Vargas the Considerate. It makes me happy to know that I make people's lives easier like that because I really live my life in an attempt to not waste peoples time because I so hate it when people waste mine.

I have three rules that I live by:

1. Don't waste people's time
2. The more peopel you involve, the more problems you get.
3. Don't get involved.

Reactions: yippeekyaa