If Anybody Spots A Boost Mobile KRZR k1m Or W385....

Learjet35A

Oct 14, 2008
Burbank, CA
Unopened for sale please tell me where. If you find it at a store like Radio Shack and I don't have it yet, if you have the $ pick it up (check with me first obviously) and I'll mail you a check or PayPal you the money with a profit before you ship it to me.

Thank You,
Ryan

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I had a student that had Boost Mobile. He had broken his phone before I started training him, and he said he couldn't find the same phone in California because some dumb CA law said they couldn't sell that same phone in the state...:right:

Have you tried out of state? Hope you find it...:)

Learjet35A

Oct 14, 2008
Burbank, CA
Hey semi, I haven't tried out of state yet. The Boost Mobile CDMA phones that I've listed are incredible and use the strong (in this area) Sprint network, the new Boost plans/phones that they're trying to shove on people are iDEN phones on the Nextel network and are real crap. They plan on not advertising the CDMA phones/plans anymore and have had the retail chains pull the good phones off the shelf. I own a W385 now and sure hope nothing happens to it because I'd be screwed. I'd love to get a backup phone to keep in storage until I need it.

Thanks man.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
That's not the same phone my student used. His phone wasn't the flip kind. It was the one piece kind that used a sim chip.

Good luck find the phone you need. And you're welcome...:hatsoff:

:)

Learjet35A

Oct 14, 2008
Burbank, CA
I just found a k1m on craigslist in another state for $60 plus shipping, used only for a month and in perfect condition. I was hoping for a sealed phone but if you're only paying half of what it's worth I'll take it :clap:

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Hey semi, I haven't tried out of state yet. The Boost Mobile CDMA phones that I've listed are incredible and use the strong (in this area) Sprint network, the new Boost plans/phones that they're trying to shove on people are iDEN phones on the Nextel network and are real crap. They plan on not advertising the CDMA phones/plans anymore and have had the retail chains pull the good phones off the shelf. I own a W385 now and sure hope nothing happens to it because I'd be screwed. I'd love to get a backup phone to keep in storage until I need it.

Thanks man.

correct me if i'm wrong, but boost mobile is owned by sprint nextel, so that's why your getting the strong signal and that's why they are shoving the plans/phones using the nextel network.

Learjet35A

Oct 14, 2008
Burbank, CA
correct me if i'm wrong, but boost mobile is owned by sprint nextel, so that's why your getting the strong signal and that's why they are shoving the plans/phones using the nextel network.

Yeah, Sprint does own Boost and since they've owned them they've offered customers the choice of the Nextel iDEN phone/plan or the Sprint CDMA phone/plan for you to choose from. I think they figured out that sending people to the Nextel side is cheaper for them to operate even though quality for the customer is garbage. They recently made the decision to stop production, sales and advertising on the CDMA phones although if you can find one you can still activate it.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i've been with sprint for 9 years and when my contract was up with sprint i waited to resign with them when they acquired nextel to see what their rate plans were like. needless to say i stuck with sprint.