IdRatherBeSkiing's Top 424 as of 2020/08/30

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
389. Piece of Mind - The Grapes of Wrath

Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Can't find a studio version of this on YouTube or Amazon. Listening to the live one instead I guess. I'm diggin' it.

388. Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood

Coming up on my 333

387. Down by the Water - PJ Harvey

Big fish little fish swimming in the water.... Been intrigued by this one since it first came out.

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Can't find a studio version of this on YouTube or Amazon. Listening to the live one instead I guess. I'm diggin' it.

It's payback for all the SNL videos posted on this board that I can't see.

Reactions: sadchild

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Looks like the 3 today are all of the mainstream alternative genre.

386. Buddy Holly - Weezer
Love the song but the video is even cooler.

385. I'll Be There For You - The Rembrandts
Yes, theme to Friends. Still like it. Almost didn't make the album. Had some DJs not been playing the theme on the radio they would not have added.

384. 3AM - Matchbox Twenty
It's 3AM I must be lonely. Good song

Reactions: HecticArt

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
386. Buddy Holly - Weezer
Love the song but the video is even cooler.

Exactly! Also, it's one of maybe three Weezer songs I like. Most of their stuff I can't stand.

385. I'll Be There For You - The Rembrandts

I like this one, but I like "Just The Way It Is, Baby" and "Drowning In Your Tears" even more.

384. 3AM - Matchbox Twenty

The only song I like from them, actually.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Weezer: I like a lot of their stuff. Really like about 3 of their songs. This is the only one ******.

MatchBox 20: I like this one the best. Like a handful of their other songs.

Reactions: sadchild

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
383. Waterloo - Abba
Guilty pleasure liking Abba. Like all of their stuff. Not all are *****. They will be my top 10 tomorrow.

382. What's Up - 4 Non Blondes
Only hit of theirs I own. Cool song.

381. Miami - Will Smith
I have said I don't like rap except for a few. This is one of the few. I first heard it on a ski hill. I was in a good mood having just finished a good day of skiing. I was with friends. There were lots of ski babes around (I was single at the time). I was locking up my skis and this song was playing over the loud speaker. It fit the mood and endeared itself to my heart regardless that it was rap.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
My only Abba guilty pleasure is "Dancing Queen". I knew 3 minutes into that Abba movie Mama Mia that I was gonna hate it. I shoulda immediately walked out of the room.

I do like that 4 Non Blondes song (despite it being the same 4 Non Chords the entire way through it). But I definitely understand why many people can't stand it.
Fun fact:
Bassist Christa Hillhouse recalled hearing Linda Perry working on the song for the first time:
"For a short time, Linda had quit her job and she was living with me in this little 2-bedroom flat in San Francisco. She wrote the song when she was in a room down the hall. I was in my bedroom having sex, and I stopped because I heard her playing that song. I remember running down the hall and saying, ‘Dude, what are you playing? I like that.’"

"Miami" is a great jam!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Matchbox Twenty wasn't horrible, their first album was pretty good. After that it was mostly singles. 'Unwell' is actually one of my favorites (and is coming up on my list soonish!)

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I like that 4 Non-Blondes song. For all you engineers out there -
if Joni Mitchell's voice is like a sinewave
1600088805955.png

Linda Perry's voice is like a square-wave
1600089224543.png

There will be a quiz later.

Matchbox Twenty wasn't horrible, their first album was pretty good. After that it was mostly singles.
Agree. But they are one of a slew of bands that fall into the category of AC hell. That includes (sorry guys) Gin Blossoms and newer Kings of Leon. Just my personal taste.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
377. El Paso - Marty Robbins
This one did not make the list from listening to pop or rock radio in the day. This is one of my dad's favourite songs. I heard him listening to it one day and it captivated me. Also a sad story song.

376. Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
Saw her opening for Don Henley in 1985. Cool song. Can't help making you feel better when you hear it.

375. This Flight Tonight - Nazareth
Solid rock tune. Until recently I did not realize they were Canadian.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
377. El Paso - Marty Robbins

I like those lyrics too. Great story song!

For someone who has none of this genre of music in my massive library, it reminds me of this (it's probably based on the genre of the above song)

376. Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves

Loved it as a teen but the overplaying wore me down. I still like it, but it's not on my 500+. My wife, on the other hand, could hear it every hour and only want more.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
"I'd say you boys've had enough!!"

cbab4e2cf766ce13bc178e62ad841d48.jpg