IdRatherBeSkiing's Top 424 as of 2020/08/30

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Into the top 10:

(11) 11. Losing My Religion - R.E.M.
This has been covered on multiple threads already. Great song.

(10) 10. Hallelujah - Lenard Cohen
I think he has written 84 different verses. The single has about 6. Every video seems to have a different set of verses. Great song.

(9) 9. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
What can be said about this song that hasn't already been said? I don't know of a more interactive song.

Reactions: sadchild and Aaron

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
What can be said about this song that hasn't already been said?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
  • For 1 point, my new #1 song?
For 1 point, my new #1 song?

It would be a big move (a 'whopping' six spots, as Nina might say) but I'm going out on a limb and guess "Born To Run".
Your record is still perfect.

(8) 8. Hotel California - Eagles
This song is good on so many levels. The imagery of a hotel where you can checkout but never leave. The instrumental trailer of the song.

(7) 7. Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen
A classic. When my wife and I were engaged I got tickets to Springsteen in Toronto. The plan was for her to come up the previous weekend and stay the week. We would then fly to Boston for a long weekend. Immigration put a kybosh on her coming to Toronto that week. She flew from Columbus to Boston. That trip gave us our son. But I went to see Bruce alone. Given how much of a Bruce fan she was this was a situation which required correction. In 2003 we got tickets to see him at Giants stadium in Jersey. It was the 9th concert in a series of 10 he did there. It's one of the best concerts we have ever seen. Better than Toronto as he does more stuff. This song is incredible live.

(6) 6. Night Moves - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
Another classic. Always sounds like "trying to make the front page driving in the nude",

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
(3) 5. Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
I heard the Social Distortion version first. But this one is better. The beat is infections. This song falls a couple not because of any fault of its own but rather a couple other songs pushing up.

(5) 4. Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
I love the sound of this song. The guitar is captivating. One of my favourite lines in this song (or any song) is: "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playin' band; It ain't what they call Rock and Roll".

Top 3 tomorrow!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
  • For a bonus point, what position my old #1 ("Bohemian Rhapsody") now sits?

Saying #2 seems too easy to say, but I can't imagine it went very far, so I'll go for #3.

1 bonus point awarded.

(1) 3. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
A songwriting masterpiece. A masterpiece any way you look at it. Fallen out of favour due to overplay.

(4) 2. Against the Wind - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
A beautiful song. Gets a bit of a boost as it is one of the songs that is associated with my mom.

(2) 1. Take It Easy - Eagles
Another beautiful song about a man and his girl problems. My current favourite favourite song.