I thought the Strobe was back?

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I was doing some heave cleaning today and looked for the disco channel and didnt see it. I looked under the dance section and only saw 3 channels.

Did I miss it?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I was doing some heave cleaning today and looked for the disco channel and didnt see it. I looked under the dance section and only saw 3 channels.

Did I miss it?

It is channel 81 on Sirius labelled Cinemagic. Sirius has not done a channel update.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh

Did I miss it?

The Strobe is on Sirius Channel 81, or XM Channel 83 (On Sirius, the Strobe is Listed as "Cinemagic")

Also, Backspin is on channel 39 (sirius) but it is listed as "Pop2K".

If they ever do a channel update to fix the names, it wouldn't be so confusing!

:banghead:

JJS

Oct 13, 2008

JMII

Nov 21, 2008
Margate, FL USA
The Strobe is on Sirius Channel 81, or XM Channel 83 (On Sirius, the Strobe is Listed as "Cinemagic")

Also, Backspin is on channel 39 (sirius) but it is listed as "Pop2K".

If they ever do a channel update to fix the names, it wouldn't be so confusing!

:banghead:

Months have gone by and Sirius still hasn't fixed this? :eek: Or is it just my radio (Pioneer car stereo) :idunno:

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Just today the Strobe changed it's programming dramatically to include more songs from the 80s and 90s and also correct verisions of songs they had (they would sometimes play shorter radio edits when of course 12"/extended mixes are preferred). A facebook group was set up with and the guy in charge has been taking a lot of feedback and talking with fans. When someone talked about the fact that the Strobe is still named Cinemagic on Sirius, the person said that there is no sign in the foreseeable future that this will be changing unless there is a big program shake up (which probably wouldn't be a good thing for the Strobe anyway).

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Just today the Strobe changed it's programming dramatically to include more songs from the 80s and 90s and also correct verisions of songs they had (they would sometimes play shorter radio edits when of course 12"/extended mixes are preferred). A facebook group was set up with and the guy in charge has been taking a lot of feedback and talking with fans. When someone talked about the fact that the Strobe is still named Cinemagic on Sirius, the person said that there is no sign in the foreseeable future that this will be changing unless there is a big program shake up (which probably wouldn't be a good thing for the Strobe anyway).

I thought the Strobe was supposed to be a Disco era dance channel? Why would they want to play dance crap from the 90s?

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I thought the Strobe was supposed to be a Disco era dance channel? Why would they want to play dance crap from the 90s?
As long as I've been a listener (since Nov 2005), it's been disco and classic dance (classic dance being 80s dance pop and freestyle along with very little but some 90s dance pop, which had been largely ignored on the Pulse, before they had a 90s only station which played everything 90s). I hope they don't get too heavy into the nineties, which it seems like they are with not giving enough attention to the 80s, a great decade for dance pop. When they came back in January, they've been focusing mostly on disco with very little from the 80s and nothing from the 90s. In fact, they shrank the catalog so much that they would play the same artists back to back (or nearly back to back) and not on purpose! They also played short radio edits which really pissed fans off. They've just corrected this and have beefed up the catalog.