I think I'm losing my hair?!?

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Goddammit. I think I'm actually losing the front of my hair. I'm 37 and assumed that if I made it this far I was good to go... but, apparently not. I can see a clear difference between the hair in the front and in the back when it's wet.

Lame.

:cry:

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
hey at least you made it this long. Mine was thinning freshman year of college. Bic it now, and don't try to hold on to it like I did.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Goddammit. I think I'm actually losing the front of my hair. I'm 37 and assumed that if I made it this far I was good to go... but, apparently not. I can see a clear difference between the hair in the front and in the back when it's wet.

Lame.

:cry:

I'll be honest, I'm a pretty vain guy. I work out a good amount, I eat right and I care about my appearance. I live in fear of losing my hair early. I'm 32 now and I'm not losing it yet. My brother who is 4 year older than I is just about totally bald--he started losing in college. I think I was the one that got skipped. I don't really care if I'm losing it at 60 year old, that is fine, but anything before that is just no good.

I feel for you Capt. I really, really do.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It's a losing battle regardless. I'm sure you'll handle it with dignity.
Unlike. . . .

At least you're in shape. You're going to look like

I'd look like I have some fatal illness. . . . .

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I'll be honest, I'm a pretty vain guy. I work out a good amount, I eat right and I care about my appearance. I live in fear of losing my hair early. I'm 32 now and I'm not losing it yet. My brother who is 4 year older than I is just about totally bald--he started losing in college. I think I was the one that got skipped. I don't really care if I'm losing it at 60 year old, that is fine, but anything before that is just no good.

I feel for you Capt. I really, really do.

I'm still not convinced I'm losing it. It's still at the same level on my forehead, it just doesn't seem as "thick". But, my hair is also 2 inches shorter than it used to be and I have fair/light hair. Here's me 10 years ago and it looks close to the same. I think I've always just had a big forehead:

Last edited:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I'm still not convinced I'm losing it. It's still at the same level on my forehead, it just doesn't seem as "thick". But, my hair is also 2 inches shorter than it used to be and I have fair/light hair. Here's me 10 years ago and it looks close to the same. I think I've always just had a big forehead:

Aha--you're the same as me. I have a bigger forehead and my hair just starts farther back.

When I get it cut super short, something I don't do anymore, it looks thinner.

You're probably fine.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I'm trying to find recent pics to compare. Unfortunately, all me recent pics have me in a beret, partrol cap or kevlar.

Honestly, I find that it is best NOT to investigate this too hard, not on a Friday when you need confidence to hook up with chicks.

I would just leave it alone until you start finding hair in the shower.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Honestly, I find that it is best NOT to investigate this too hard, not on a Friday when you need confidence to hook up with chicks.

I would just leave it alone until you start finding hair in the shower.

I already have a girl coming over tonight. And my hair is too light to see. On the upside, my personality goes way beyond my looks when it comes to girls. I've hooked up with quite a few girls way out of my league because I can talk a great game.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
"I'm not losing my hair. It's just sliding off the back of my head. . .
One day I won't have to worry about cold toilet seats."

- Gallagher

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Just happens, dude. I went from an 80's mini-mullet to 90's short in the back,
long in the front and now I'm 39 and sporting a "Phil Collins / David Letterman pennisula". It is also starting to thin in the back. :eek:
Adding insult to injury my 70 yr old dad has a full head of silver/white hair kind of like Phil Donahue.

I don't even go to a barber anymore, the wife just gets out the clippers and keeps it nice and short. She loves me anyway
and is waiting to get the all clear from me to clip it all off and have me go with the Mr. Clean look. It's a big turn-on for her :egypt:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Just happens, dude. I went from an 80's mini-mullet to 90's short in the back,
long in the front and now I'm 39 and sporting a "Phil Collins / David Letterman pennisula". It is also starting to thin in the back. :eek:
Adding insult to injury my 70 yr old dad has a full head of silver/white hair kind of like Phil Donahue.

I don't even go to a barber anymore, the wife just gets out the clippers and keeps it nice and short. She loves me anyway
and is waiting to get the all clear from me to clip it all off and have me go with the Mr. Clean look. It's a big turn-on for her :egypt:

I've heard that hair is inherited from the mom's side.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I've heard that hair is inherited from the mom's side.

Male pattern baldness seems to be influenced by a bunch of genes, but the most significant seem to be Y chromosome linked. My dad was bald at 24. His mom was bald when I knew her.

I'm 44 and no signs of baldness yet. I'd be OK with it, since it would give me a good excuse to shave my head. My wife doesn't like it when I shave my head. She says it makes me look too scary.