I think I got some insight on Howard's big surprise

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Today I was listening to Sid Rosenberg on the radio in south Florida. He said Howard's people were talking to him about two days ago about something to do with the Super Bowl. Could Howie's surprise be flying the staff to the Super Bowl as part of some Sirius promotion?

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
This would be spectacular!

1990 Howard would do this.

2009 Howard, I think not.

Maybe sending Ba Ba Baseball and Richard and Sal.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Howard hates doing these live remotes. He said so on the air. Basically, he feels the show isn't as good on the road as it is in studio.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
doubt howard would ever allow bubba to use footage that he's in on bubba raw.
He didn't the first time he was in Bubba's studio. Pretty weak move on his part I think.

Although that could've been a Bubba decision. And they also don't have robotic ceiling mounted cameras, so someone would have to be in studio aiming cameras at the Stern crew.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Hope he visits Bubba!!! New footage for Bubbaraw and HTVOD! And an epic show for the radio fans

This would be spectacular!

1990 Howard would do this.

2009 Howard, I think not.

Maybe sending Ba Ba Baseball and Richard and Sal.

Yeah.

Ideally, they'd do a live show Thursday, then fly down on Thursday afternoon/early evening and pop in to Bubba's show about 11 AM or so. It would give Bubba an hour or so to get started, then 3 hours of mayhem.

But, we're not 1990 anymore. :(

Now, he'd probably get the "Tapes Team" to do some "special" on Thursday, then pop in there on Friday.

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
Howard hates doing these live remotes. He said so on the air. Basically, he feels the show isn't as good on the road as it is in studio.

It's never going to sound as good as in the studio. Howard is so hung up on the sound, he should worry a little more about the content. He has his headphones so cranked he hears every little thing that most folks would never hear if he wouldn't point them out.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
I've never heard a single thing over the air that Howard points out is bothering him.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008

He also sees no need to leave his jillion-square-foot apartment in Manhattan or 200 bedroom mansion in the Hamptons.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
God I hope not. At least vegas remotes gave them a bunch of fun stuff to do. What the heck would they do at the super bowl? Interview a bunch of football players that most people have never heard of and really don't care to hear from? No way any of the real celebrities at the super bowl would ever talk to Howard on air. And given the fact that Howard has almost no interest in sports, I just can't see a super bowl remote being good at all.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I called in to Sid Rosenberg and he clarified something. He's doing something for Howard tv that involves the Super Bowl. Apparantly Howard won't be flying his staff to Miami.

It didn't make sense I guess since it's a Christmas present and the Super Bowl is in Feb. and Howard ain't into sports.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Something doesn't seem right about Howard's announcement that his big surprise for Christmas is a big dinner party. I feel like his hand was kind of forced by DePace, so maybe it is a dinner party, but in Miami. It just seemed like a big buildup for a simple dinner party. Then again, that's in keeping with a lot of what Howard does these days...

Just to give them a break and especially if he isn't re-signing, I hope his staff gets a trip.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
They already revealed it. Anyway I called into the show and the screener told me that wasn't what it was.

I guess Sid is doing something for the Super Bowl for Howard tv.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Anyone think that Howard will use this party to announce his future plans to the staff?

With the way he usually holds off on announcing, I don't think so. I think the announcement will come in August by the earliest.