I pulled the trigger (XMP3)

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
After thinking things over, I finally decided to get XM. I bought an XMP3 with home and car kit for $229.99 and a 4-year performance service plan for $29.99.

I plan on getting a Lifetime Subscription with the Best of SIRIUS when it gets here.

I'll keep you posted on what I think when it gets here.

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
XMp3 is cool. But in Alaska? Really? Hopefully you are able to get decent XM reception up there. That's just one of those places SIRIUS will be a lot better from what I've heard.

I'm not going to be in Alaska for much longer, which was one of the major reasons I decided to get it.

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Really? Where are you moving? That's cool. AZJoe says Alaska is getting way too crowded anyway :smug:

Moving back to the west coast.

shabadoo25 said:
It's a shame you didn't go through TSS. I paid a LOT less than you did for mine.

The car kit is included for free, also SIRIUS XM honors Best Buy's Performance Service Plan (which is good for 4 years).

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
After thinking things over, I finally decided to get XM. I bought an XMP3 with home and car kit for $229.99 and a 4-year performance service plan for $29.99.

I plan on getting a Lifetime Subscription with the Best of SIRIUS when it gets here.

I'll keep you posted on what I think when it gets here.

Hex:

Curious but what made you get the XMP3 over the SL2?

Also, to be clear, I don't care which device you got (i'm not going to slam you for getting one versus the other) I am just curious as to why one over the other.

Since I am dying for a new toy, I would love a new portable but with no wifi, i'd have to pass on the xmp3.

Just wondering why you got one over the other.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
You didn't ask me, but here is my answer anyway.

I went with the XMP3 because XM with the Best of Sirius is better than Sirius with the best of XM.

I get MLB, Better Political Talk, and more Sports talk, have XM with Best of.

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hex:

Curious but what made you get the XMP3 over the SL2?

Just wondering why you got one over the other.

I would still like to get the Stiletto 2 (but I want to wait until I "break-even" on my lifetime sub before using my first radio swap).

If there isn't a new Stiletto 3 or something announced by next year, then I'll get a Stiletto 2 to use as my primary radio (I already have the "Best of XM" on my SIRIUS radio).

Like you, Wi-Fi is a must for me (especially for when I travel abroad).

Why did I get an XMP3? Honestly, I just want a new toy to play with until SIRIUS comes out with a new portable and I like the sound of being able to record up to 5 shows while you're listening to another.

But like I said, once SIRIUS releases a new portable, I'm switching back (and I'll keep the XMp3 in the house for home recording or something).

:siriusdog:

Last edited:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I would still like to get the Stiletto 2 (but I want to wait until I "break-even" on my lifetime sub before using my first radio swap).

Unless they combine the billing between the two services in the next 3+ years, you're going to have to open a Sirius Subscription in order to to use a Stiletto 2 :shock:

Like you, Wi-Fi is a must for me (especially for when I travel abroad).

Unless I'm mistaken, the XMP3 is not Wi-Fi capable :worried:

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Unless they combine the billing between the two services in the next 3+ years, you're going to have to open a Sirius Subscription in order to to use a Stiletto 2 :shock:

I've had a lifetime subscription with SIRIUS for 2½ years (it includes the internet access and BOXM package). My SIRIUS account is good for life (which means I'm not canceling it).

The timing is another reason I'm getting a lifetime subscription with XM right now. By the time I break-even with SIRIUS, I will only have 21 months to go before I break even on the XM side.

Unless I'm mistaken, the XMP3 is not Wi-Fi capable :worried:

It not, he asked why I chose the XMP3 over the Stiletto 2, and I was telling him that I haven't chosen it OVER SIRIUS, and that I still plan on getting a Stiletto 2 next year if there they don't announce a new SIRIUS portable.

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well maybe by late next year we'll have a clear understand of their path to consolidate billing and maybe even spectrum. I know if I had a lifetime that would most likely get moved over to XM, I am not spending more money on an SL2 or vice versa for that matter.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I've had a lifetime subscription with SIRIUS for 2½ years (it includes the internet access and BOXM package). My SIRIUS account is good for life (which means I'm not canceling it).

The timing is another reason I'm getting a lifetime subscription with XM right now. By the time I break-even with SIRIUS, I will only have 21 months to go before I break even on the XM side.

It not, he asked why I chose the XMP3 over the Stiletto 2, and I was telling him that I haven't chosen it OVER SIRIUS, and that I still plan on getting a Stiletto 2 next year if there they don't announce a new SIRIUS portable.

Oh, ok. I didn't know you also had a Sirius Lifetime Subscription :shock:

It works out great. I've been using my Sportster Replay for over 4 years. I really only use it in rental cars :)

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Why did I get an XMP3? Honestly, I just want a new toy to play with until SIRIUS comes out with a new portable
:siriusdog:

Best Reason In the World--you just need a new gadget.

Trust me, I understand. i am DYING for a new toy but have not come up with anything that is purchase worthy.