I miss the Stern show

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
I'll be glad when all this History of Stern crap is over and done with and we can ge back to the real Howard Stern show. I'm guessing this will be on Monday, January 5th.

On another note, it's nice to be able to just enter this forum and post about the Stern show, and not have to walk through hell and back for the privilege, like on Sirius Backstage.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I've really enjoyed the History of Howard Stern and I will be excited for the show to be back live again. Something about listening to the History really makes me appreciate the current show and how far it's come.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
For some reason I thought they were live today. I was sorely disappointed when "Rebel Rebel" began to play. The first Act was interesting - lots of insight into Howard's childhood, his time in Roosevelt, and extensive interviews with lots of folks we had never heard from before. This act really is just warmed-over MTT with 5 second bumpers masquerading as interviews. I can't believe it took a year to put this together. What's worse, the whole self-importance of it is the kind of thing Howard used to goof on.

I'm really trying to stay positive about this show, but lately it getting harder and harder. "Two Fingers in Paradise" almost made up for it, but then it just reminded me about how talented Fred is and how little he's been allowed to do recently so that we can "watch" (if you have HTV) that fat fuck of an excuse for a comic sleep on the job.

Last edited:

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
For some reason I thought they were live today. I was sorely disappointed when "Rebel Rebel" began to play. The first Act was interesting - lots of insight into Howard's childhood, his time in Roosevelt, and extensive interviews with lots of folks we had never heard from before. This act really is just warmed-over MTT with 5 second bumpers masquerading as interviews. I can't believe it took a year to put this together. What's worse, the whole self-importance of it is the kind of thing Howard used to goof on.

I'm really trying to stay positive about this show, but lately it getting harder and harder. "Two Fingers in Paradise" almost made up for it, but then it just reminded me about how talented Fred is and how little he's been allowed to do recently so that we can "watch" (if you have HTV) that fat fuck of an excuse for a comic sleep on the job.

My favortite part of the History show is when they aren't playing show segments. I like the interviews and the non-show clips, like the news report from Washington when they returned there, but when they drop in 1/2 hour show clips, it does seem a bit too much like MTT.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I've said it before. I like the special but I didn't know the show back then so it's all new to me.
Listening now to "gina girl" calling in. Lauging out loud with my headphones on with people around me wondering whats so funny.