I LOVE the no Daytona testing.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I think they shouldnt have testing every year. You hear the people are getting restless for the season to start? I think part of the decline of Nascar in the last 4 or 5 years has been the relentless coverage of Nascar 24/7/364. A nice long break is good for everyone to want it that much more come the start of the season.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I agree with a long break but I like the preseason testing. Yes, I'm going to go ahead and say it, I think the season should be shorter. What is it, like 9 1/2, 10 months long. Make it shorter.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
20 regular season races with 10 chase races would be great! :buttrock:
I'd like to see the season start in February and end in August. I don't know how many weeks that would be with a couple breaks thrown in there. I'm not a big chase fan, so I'd like to see that eliminated. I don't think that it creates all that much excitement anyhow. I think that just by shortening the season will help tighten up the points some and we'd have potential for a closer finish in the final standings.

As far as the original topic..... I like the preseason testing @ Daytona. I think that it helps build the excitement for the upcoming season. For me it starts with the preseason testing and the Rolex 24. Both of those get me back into NASCAR, big time.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I think its too much, too often, all the time. The great thing about this break we have is when you have those 70 hours of Daytona coverage your itching for every minute. But when you have a weekend of banquet coverage in December, 2 weeks of testing coverage in January, I get to Daytona and its like, lets get to the 125's and the race already.