I lost a lot of respect for Matt Keneth yesterday

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
He intentionally wrecked AJ Allmendinger coming to the checker. It was just as blatent as what Gilliand had done. Did AJ make a mistake just before that, sure he immediately apoligized and asked his spotter to relay that to Matt's spotter to relay to Matt. Did Matt have a right to be mad sure, however Matt is a Champion in the cup series and a lot should be expected of him. Will NASCAR do anything of course not.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Gee Mike. Like your drive (Jr.) hasn't jack up another driver on purpose...:rolleyes:

At least Matt can jack someone up and make it look like it was an accident. What Jeff Gordon did to Matt at Chicagoland a few years ago didn't even look like an accident.

BTW, they don't call him Matt the Brat for nothing...:D

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Well Jr has wrecked himself(Martinsville couple years ago) to not wreck someone. Last time I remember Jr wrecking someone on purpose was back when he drove the AC Delco car in the Busch series. Heck Jr hasn't even wrecked Leffler for wrecking him at Daytona on the last lap when Mike Wallace speed by to win the race. Matt is a CUP SERIES Champion now so more is and should be expected of him. Especially since the person that ACCIDENTLY wronged him is only a 2nd year guy and only has 2 years of stcok car experience.. Matt is better then that. Yes Iron I used to respect him.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Ask Carl Edwards who wrecked him at the end of the Busch Race at Michigan a few years ago...:shock:

If I remember right, it was Jr's bumper that spun out Kyle Busch at the second Richmond race this year...:rolleyes:

Happy Veterans Day, Mike...:)

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
None of this is new. It's been going on since the beginning. People cheered when Dale Sr. did it. Gordon and Rusty used to knock each other around. Most all the drivers have done it at one time or another it's just that some do it better than others.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
I saw the replay last night on This Week in Nascar and I really did not think it was that big of a deal. How do you feel about JPM this week. Seems like he contributed greatly to Mears wreck that caused Gilliland on top of Speed's car.

Les2

Oct 26, 2008
It's no big deal that he took out 6 other cars for no reason??? Or just to get back at AJ

Les2

Oct 26, 2008
What footage did you see? I don't know how you could miss him just turning left to hit AJ and the crashing of cars at the finish line?

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
That is the same footage I saw. When you have a 3 year old in your lap distracting you, things can go over your head without registering. :Smiley_wink:

Les2

Oct 26, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZvDTkZJ3V8&feature=related]YouTube - 2008 Checker O'Reilly 500 at Phoenix Part 14 of 15 (Finish/Big Crash #2)[/ame]

Here is the finish.

Les2

Oct 26, 2008
We have a 4 month old here so I know what your saying.

The one thing I want to know is why hasn't nascar penalized him or fined him??

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008

Because then you set a precedent and would have to penelize other drivers in the future.

OH WAIT! I almost forgot....we're talking about nascar here.....nevermind. :rolleyes:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

They never penalized Tony Stewart when he pushed Kenseth off the track at Daytona a few years ago, doing 190 going into turn 4...:shock:

IMHO, Matt Kenseth is the epitome of public enemy...:p

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
Matt was pissed off about the move that Wallmendinger pulled earlier in the race trying to pass the 17 and 20 three wide on the apron, AJ better be glad it was Matt and not Tony that got to him first.

BTW, Jr did not wreck himself at Matrinsville, It was Bristol in 04 b/c he was running last and about to get lapped due to his car being so loose he couldn't drive it.

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
no he did Martinsville as well, remember he said after Bristol he did it to get a aution. At Martinsville in I think 06 he did it and siad on the radio to hsi crew that he was sorry he was trying to avoid Kasey Kahne. As far as Richmond and that Michigan race if he did it on purpose he wasn't obvious about it. Did he do it on purpose maybe maybe not. I know your gonna say it was obvious but he had a run and made a mistake. Both Kyle and Jr said 2nd Richomond race was a racing deal.

rdhdtrue

Oct 14, 2008
St. Louis
danicaboni.blogspot.com
Ask Carl Edwards who wrecked him at the end of the Busch Race at Michigan a few years ago...:shock:

If I remember right, it was Jr's bumper that spun out Kyle Busch at the second Richmond race this year...:rolleyes:

Happy Veterans Day, Mike...:)

Jacking up a bumper and intentionally turning into someone is NOT comparable. I was suprised that Kenseth went that route.