I just saw Candlebox tonight! (And more of the Ned/Manson stuff, so be warned.)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
They closed with Far Behind, then left the stage, and came back and did You to end it. They also did Change, and a bunch of classic rock like "Crazy Train" "Holy Diver" and stuff like that.

Of course, the guitar tech looked like a huge mark with the Bubba Army shirt on...(Wonder where he got that one?) After the show, I probably could have asked him something about "Did you ever meet Ned?" but he was busy with his stuff and I didn't really want to bother him all that much.

I didn't have anything to represent in, and I wasn't about to take my SuperK5 autographed photo down there to hold up. I could have worn a Pearl Jam shirt (they're both from Seattle and even got a mention during the show.)

Plus, I figure here's what would have happened, if I casually brought up Ned:

A) He said Ned was real. (Was the band in on the act? And if they were in on the deal, then they'd probably be k5ing the situation. I doubt they let guests actually meet Ned.)
B) He said Ned was fake. (IIRC, Ned was out back that whole time, so they wouldn't have met anyway.)

Still, one of the shining moments was when this gutar tech was bent over in front of the drums with the huge BTLS logo on the back of his shirt displayed for the entire crowd to see.

Maybe it's just me, but something tells me there's more to the Ned situation than what we think, and we've been over it 500 times. Still, it's a fun story and it's fun to sit back and enjoy whatever the hell Ned is.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
That's probably a huge underestimation. :jj:

Maybe 500 times here, 500 times on the old SBS, 500 times on SFN, etc. I agree though, the Ned thing I don't really care about, but it would be interesting to know the real deal. Of course, knowing the real deal (whatever it is) would take away from the mystery and the fun of the situation.

Either way, seeing that tech in a Bubba Army shirt was great. I wonder how many people down there knew what "Bubba Army" is.