I Just Cancelled My Slacker Plus

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Haven't been listening. Annual renewal is coming up in January. Just decided to end it. Active until my year is up.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I still use the free Slacker a little bit.
There aren't many commercials, and you still have decent control of custom stations.

IndustrialH

"Not dead... just resting"
Slacker seems to have a new look:

preview-slacker-logo-black.png

IndustrialH

"Not dead... just resting"
So along with Daylight Savings I get an audio message from Slacker telling me that the free service will no longer be available on my device (Roku) in Canada, haven't cranked the Android version on yet to see if its the same with that one. However the android one has ads and the Roku only had voice promos - so I can see their logic in giving the Roku the flick.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Do those old portable slacker radios even still work? I know I have one in a drawer somewhere...

Super Dave

Oct 12, 2008
Maple Shade, NJ
www.oropallo.us
I finally gave in and upgraded to the annual Plus, for $29.99. I have over 500 cds available to listen to on Google Play and Amazon Prime and use Slacker primarily for stations, I like how I can play the same station for 3 days and hear maybe 30 or 4 songs repeated.

Reactions: HecticArt and JHDK

squigy0

Oct 14, 2008
Baltimore, MD
squigy0.ch00ns.com
It looks like Slacker Plus doesn't allow offline listening anymore. You have to use Slacker Premium for that.

You can also Fine Tune the station so that the favorites you choose don't play as often.

roscoryan

DRC Graphics Guru
Oct 13, 2008
Burnsville, MN
I haven't used Slacker for quite awhile, but this morning I got a gift of 6 months of Plus, so I decided to give it a try. I did forget how much I enjoyed the curation on their stations vs. other online streaming music providers. It just has more of a feel of radio, with the added ability of customization, and the lack of repetition. I even re-created a custom station that was deleted when I removed my old account.

Looking at their financials when LiveXLive Media acquired them last September, I have doubts about the long-term viability of the service, but I will enjoy it for now.

Reactions: Aaron and HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I just got this email from Slacker. I can think of around 20 different ways to pronounce "LiveXLive." That's the name of the media company that bought Slacker Radio in September 2017. Did they really need to change the name?

upload_2019-3-28_15-52-33.png