I (heart) Windows 7

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I know there's another thread about Windows 7 but I felt the need to post a new one because I really like this OS. I HATED the XP style of XP and I hated Vista. I held out for a long time on Windows 7, until DAB finally convinced me.

It is a sweet OS. I built a computer with Windows 7 and mailed it to my stepmom and both her and my brother also agree that it's a great OS. The people that designed this did an amazing job of keeping the utility of the classic toolbar intact. That was always my biggest complaint about Vista. I hated having to dig around for basic stuff. Windows 7 preserves the intuitiveness of classic windows while updating with a lot of sweet accessories. This is the first OS that I've been very impressed with since the transition from Windows 98 to Windows 2000.

I've also benchmarked it for all my games. I can run Fallout 3 and Dragon Age at a constant 60 FPS (with v-sync on) without my processor going over 50 degrees. I can hit and maintain around 40 FPS for GTA IV. I ran my processor (overclocked at 4.1 Ghz) for 8 hours at 100% and it still sticks at 50 degrees. There are very few things that I've found to biatch about concerning Windows 7.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Our new Laptop we just bought is W7 and I haven't used it yet but Hubby doesn't seem to mind it, one thing he said he doesn't like is something to do with the Start Menu if that sounds right.... Can't say for sure myself as like I said I haven't used it yet and I was only half listening to what he said..lol I will have to try it out soon.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I'm still rocking XP - it's 7's boozed up grandpa.

Same here. I just bought Mrs. Bag a netbook like mine, but hers has Win7, so I've had a chance to compare them. Win7 definitely has some nice features, but some actions are dog slow compared to XP. I was adding a network printer to both netbooks today and XP smoked Win7.

And the Alt-Tab feature seems horked. Instead of taking me to the next app in the cycle, it kept taking me to the app that currently had focus.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I feel ya'. If it ain't broke why fix it?

Boom. +1

Same here. I just bought Mrs. Bag a netbook like mine, but hers has Win7, so I've had a chance to compare them. Win7 definitely has some nice features, but some actions are dog slow compared to XP. I was adding a network printer to both netbooks today and XP smoked Win7.

And the Alt-Tab feature seems horked. Instead of taking me to the next app in the cycle, it kept taking me to the app that currently had focus.

:rofl2:

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Nevermind xan_user... Windows 7 is the bee's knees.
Then this bee needs some knee surgery and a bit of rehab still. W7 SP1 maybe? one of the updates seems to have helped the slow file sorting over lan a bit.

I was adding a network printer to both netbooks today and XP smoked Win7.

Adding my network printer, went fine, or so i thought... Printer is down stairs and when i printed a test page I listened at the top of the stairs and heard it printing..so I wnet back in my office- well it just kept printing page after page of nonsense till the paper try ran out.:ter:

Also miss right clicking on a group in the task bar and having the option to cascade or tile all the pages.

Reactions: hexagram

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
W7 SP1 maybe?

Service Pack 1 should be nice.

Nice avatar, by the way.

:p