I have written a letter to Scott Greenstein & Music Programming at SIRIUS & XM

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Here is what I wrote to Scott Greenstein (similar letters sent to the Music Programming departments at SIRIUS and XM):

Dear Mr. Greenstein,

I am a devoted and loyal subscriber to SIRIUS Satellite Radio (I have a lifetime subscription to SIRIUS Satellite Radio and have recently added on "The Best of XM" to my lifetime subscription.

I am also a shareholder in the company (who isn't too happy about the imminent reverse stock split, by the way). But I didn't vote against it. I want to see this company thrive and prosper.

As to why I'm writing, I must say that I'm very disappointed to see that you removed Cinemagic from the lineup on SIRIUS. Now, I understand full and well that duplication must be removed for cost savings, but Cinemagic is not a duplicate channel in any sense of the word. There is simply no channel on SIRIUS that offers movie soundtracks. It is it's own genre of music. I can also see you brought back two channels "The Strobe" and "Backspin" because of subscribers who were very disappointed to see two genres of music that had no alternative channel placement in the lineup.

You could at the very least put the Cinemagic channel on the Internet-only feed. You're doing that already with NPR and Bob Edwards on the SIRIUS side (the latter for Best of XM subscribers), and you have a separate Cinemagic feed on the XM side of Internet Radio (it doesn't even share the same channel number as it's satellite feed). There are also various channels on the XM side that are Online-only, so it is certainly doable.

Please don't sacrifice one unique type of programming for another. Please consider keeping a place for Cinemagic on SIRIUS (whether it's on the satellite feed, or only on SIR [SIRIUS Internet Radio]).

Sincerely,
XXXXX XXXXX
(Lifetime subscriber, shareholder, and devout fan of SIRIUS Satellite Radio)
If you are a fan of Cinemagic, I urge you to write your own letter and send them off. Tell everyone you know that is a fan to do the same. DON'T BOTHER WITH PETITIONS, THEY DON'T WORK. CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY.

Scott Greenstein
sgreenstein@siriusradio.com

Music Programming at SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Music_Prog@sirius-radio.com

Music Programming at XM Satellite Radio
http://www.xmradio.com/help/emailus.xmc

SIRIUS Satellite Radio mailing address (Make c/o's to Scott Greenstein, Music Programming, Mel Karmazin IF YOU HAVE TO!!!)
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
Sorry if you mentioned this before, but is there a reason why you won't purchase an XM radio? I switched from Sirius to XM w/BOS and I've had a better listening experience. More sports and better reception, plus Cinemagic.

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I could give you an endless list of reasons... One of the most important ones? XM uses geostationary sats that are way down South. Doesn't work this far up North.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
I could give you an endless list of reasons... One of the most important ones? XM uses geostationary sats that are way down South. Doesn't work this far up North.
Oh yeah you're in Alaska, I forgot. It's the opposite for me in Ohio. I can't get Sirius signals worth crap in the house, because when I do, it goes away an hour or two later. I like the fact that the XM sats stay in the same place. Maybe an interoperable radio would work up there, when they come out with those.

Good luck getting Cinemagic back, maybe on the 15th they merge some channels, free up some bandwidth, and you get it back.

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Good luck getting Cinemagic back, maybe on the 15th they merge some channels, free up some bandwidth, and you get it back.
Thanks, and even if they put it on the Internet-only feed, I would be COMPLETELY SATISFIED. They have done it in the past with The Bridge, Super Shuffle, and other channels.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Thanks, and even if they put it on the Internet-only feed, I would be COMPLETELY SATISFIED. They have done it in the past with The Bridge, Super Shuffle, and other channels.
I would be satisfied too if they simply kept Cinemagic on the internet feed.

My impression of the channel in the few days we had it, was that it was good, but not something I'd want to hear while driving in the car. Just not a highway kind of channel. If they keep it on the internet, I'd enjoy it at home. :)

Good, well-written letter, by the way!

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
My impression of the channel in the few days we had it, was that it was good, but not something I'd want to hear while driving in the car.
Exactly. It's not a channel for the car, it's purely intended for the home, so I don't see why they can't just put this channel on SIR-5.