I have an idea for Sirius XM

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Why not put the good music which is on Bootleg and Showcase internet channels on the sat feed and put Oprah and Martha on the internet?

People say they have big contracts with Oprah and Martha. Why would you enter into big contracts with people who arent radio people in the first place? These horrible decisions are why the company is where it is now!

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
you are correct sir. Oprah is popular cause she's free and her followers are broke ass housewives that will just pilfer their husbands XM radios NOT add anything. Stern, gets people to add radios where ever you can't get him cause he's the bestest.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
you are correct sir. Oprah is popular cause she's free and her followers are broke ass housewives that will just pilfer their husbands XM radios NOT add anything. Stern, gets people to add radios where ever you can't get him cause he's the bestest.

Hum, yes. My mom's a broke ass housewife :rolleyes:

Get real :worried:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Why not put the good music which is on Bootleg and Showcase internet channels on the sat feed and put Oprah and Martha on the internet?

People say they have big contracts with Oprah and Martha. Why would you enter into big contracts with people who arent radio people in the first place? These horrible decisions are why the company is where it is now!

Those channels are pretty stupid. Yet they still promote them. :idunno:

I like your idea but the bandwith of Oprah or Martha does not allow for a music channel.

I think it's an excellent idea. Doe's ANY ONE know the number of subscribers Oprah brought in if any?

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
Hum, yes. My mom's a broke ass housewife :rolleyes:

Get real :worried:

Yes, but does your mom listen to Oprah on XM? Wait a minute Oprah is never really on XM. Does she listen to the Oprah channel on XM? Just in case she did....Did she subscribe to hear it? 55 million is a lot of money just to put someone's picture on a promotional poster.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The better idea would be to have Oprah go on her shows (and other talk shows) and hype Sirius XM. "Fans of Oprah! Now you can get her in your car and on the go. All you need is a XM radio, or Sirius with BOXM for all the Oprah & Friends you can handle! YAY!"

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
The better idea would be to have Oprah go on her shows (and other talk shows) and hype Sirius XM. "Fans of Oprah! Now you can get her in your car and on the go. All you need is a XM radio, or Sirius with BOXM for all the Oprah & Friends you can handle! YAY!"

But then they'd say the same thing pretty much everyone else is saying about Satellite radio. Why bother when you can get the same kind of content for free? Oprah also has podcasts that she's on more often than not, and was majorly hyping her podcast with Eckhart Tolle about a year ago after 'A new Earth' was released.

I'll go you one better than promotion, though. Who's to say the next contract for Oprah (if there is one) won't include an ownership stake in the company. Harpo productions has metric ass-loads of cash just laying around, and she's starting her own channel with Discovery networks. Who's to say she won't parlay that into her own radio network which televises it's shows on the Oprah TV Network or something. That's pure speculation on my part, but she is a very savvy businesswoman in her own right. It also doesn't hurt that Eric Logan, formerly of XM, is in charge of Harpo Radio Networks, as well as a few other divisions.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
But then they'd say the same thing pretty much everyone else is saying about Satellite radio. Why bother when you can get the same kind of content for free? Oprah also has podcasts that she's on more often than not, and was majorly hyping her podcast with Eckhart Tolle about a year ago after 'A new Earth' was released.

I'll go you one better than promotion, though. Who's to say the next contract for Oprah (if there is one) won't include an ownership stake in the company. Harpo productions has metric ass-loads of cash just laying around, and she's starting her own channel with Discovery networks. Who's to say she won't parlay that into her own radio network which televises it's shows on the Oprah TV Network or something. That's pure speculation on my part, but she is a very savvy businesswoman in her own right. It also doesn't hurt that Eric Logan, formerly of XM, is in charge of Harpo Radio Networks, as well as a few other divisions.
50 Mill down the hole, talk about 0.0.