I hate to ask this...

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
It'd be nice to have it in the BOXM package, but I don't really care that much any more. I'm losing interesting in the sport, the league is run by such a bozo.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
What, Oprah Radio does nothing for you? ;)

The big draw for me for BOXM would be hockey. But then I'm one of the 10 or so hockey fans left in the states.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The advice up to this point is to get XM with Best Of Sirius. If what goreds2 is saying is correct, then this could be good.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Word up is that MLB will be on BEST OF XM package next year.

This sounds like more of the speculation concerning this year. I will believe it when I see it. Bud Selig doesn't sound like the type of guy to give away a $$$$ opportunity.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I've not heard this or seen this anywhere. I think that is likely some speculation because if Sirius really had this going down they would have announced it and it would be easy to find. Also this doesn't play into them wanting people to subscribe more to XM and then get the BOS for Howard and NFL, which allows them to make more money!

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Well

I've not heard this or seen this anywhere. I think that is likely some speculation because if Sirius really had this going down they would have announced it and it would be easy to find. Also this doesn't play into them wanting people to subscribe more to XM and then get the BOS for Howard and NFL, which allows them to make more money!

This also doesnt play well into them wanting to sell BoXM either! Nothing but crap on it.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
This also doesnt play well into them wanting to sell BoXM either! Nothing but crap on it.

Well I don't think they are that interested in selling the BOXM, because from what I understand the break down is about 1/4 BOXM and 3/4 BOS.

Back when I had a decision to make about which service to stick with being a dual subscriber, I hoped to go with XM, because the BOS was much more attractive and yet I still got all the NCAA football and MLB that I wanted, along with a couple of music channels that Sirius still doesn't offer.

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Well I don't think they are that interested in selling the BOXM, because from what I understand the break down is about 1/4 BOXM and 3/4 BOS.

Back when I had a decision to make about which service to stick with being a dual subscriber, I hoped to go with XM, because the BOS was much more attractive and yet I still got all the NCAA football and MLB that I wanted, along with a couple of music channels that Sirius still doesn't offer.

Maybe its 1/4 because its crap!!!!

What music channels do you get on XM that you dont on sirius?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I had for gotten about this list! Thanks for the reminder!

I didn't realize that XM had this many music channels that Sirius does not, I only thought it was 20 on 20 and The Grove.

20 on 20
Cinemagic
The Groove
Pop2K
The Village

I listen to Cinemagic all the time I can't imagine not having it on the regular service.

Also the ClearChannel music channels

Mix
Kiss
Pink
Nashville
Rock@Random

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Also the ClearChannel music channels

Mix
Kiss
Pink
Nashville
Rock@Random

...and you know even thought they are programmed by CC these are some pretty decent channels.

I have a sirius lifetime subscription now. Would I have to buy another one from XM? Or can I transfer it?

Lifetime plans are non-transferable between networks at this point and so you'd have to buy another one from XM or just get a regular sub.

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Ok

...and you know even thought they are programmed by CC these are some pretty decent channels.

Lifetime plans are non-transferable between networks at this point and so you'd have to buy another one from XM or just get a regular sub.

So that means I stick with the sirius and hope the best of XM gets better. Until then I will stick with what I got.