I can't take it

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I tried to do XMFAN today. I can't take it. There are like 100 threads complaining about something. It woudn't surprise me if 1/2 of them haven't even given their radios a listen. And there are like 980 people on there all complaining simultaneously. I can't keep up even if I wanted to. Its insane.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
This does not surprise me one bit, seeing how it had been for weeks prior to the update.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Wah Wah!! Mel took my music away!!! :bigcry:

Enough already. Deal with it. Get Slacker, Pandora, etc. if you have different tastes. Sirius/XM will not be viable with too much niche programming. If you are going to appeal to the masses, you need a good dose of mainstream programming. There's nothing wrong with some niche stuff, but it can't all be that way. It's economic reality.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Wah Wah!! Mel took my music away!!! :bigcry:

Enough already. Deal with it. Get Slacker, Pandora, etc. if you have different tastes. Sirius/XM will not be viable with too much niche programming. If you are going to appeal to the masses, you need a good dose of mainstream programming. There's nothing wrong with some niche stuff, but it can't all be that way. It's economic reality.

There are already 5 or 6 cancellation threads too. I've never understood the logic of posting a "I'm going" message on a board. I didn't get it with SBS or XMFAN. Why would people on a fan site care if you cancel? And to cancel with only 2 or 3 hours (no doubt in the middle of the night) listening ... thats just irrational.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
There are already 5 or 6 cancellation threads too. I've never understood the logic of posting a "I'm going" message on a board. I didn't get it with SBS or XMFAN. Why would people on a fan site care if you cancel? And to cancel with only 2 or 3 hours (no doubt in the middle of the night) listening ... thats just irrational.

Yeah...some of those posts are not all that constructive. I guess some folks are a bit emotional. Is it a full moon?

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
With any luck their outrage will boil over and result in the mass protests and cancellations that occurred after 0.0 got suspended from XM. Which means we can expect about 5000 total cancellations and a 20 person nerd herd protesting outside the CBS studios.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
With any luck their outrage will boil over and result in the mass protests and cancellations that occurred after 0.0 got suspended from XM. Which means we can expect about 5000 total cancellations and a 20 person nerd herd protesting outside the CBS studios.

Any publicity is good publicity. If they protest someone should alert Sirius XM marketting.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Any publicity is good publicity. If they protest someone should alert Sirius XM marketting.

Believe me, when they protested an XM suspension by picketing the CBS studios, they did far more to hurt their cause than help. Besides, have you seen the pppests? It looked like a mad scientist crossed the geek wall at a Jr. High dance with a pre-op gastric bypass support group, then sprinkled the resulting mutants with "Forever A Virgin" dust and set them loose on humanity. :right:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I have checked out that site a few times, but I have never joined that site.