I am sold on Windows 7 !!

J3ff

Oct 13, 2008
If anything, the new way they take advantage of task bar space has me sold. I have tired to overload the task bar with shit and no matter how many things I open I can always get to them easily and quickly. Just play with it you'll see what I mean.

Not to mention how fast it connects to networks, and how everything seems like it's been simplified. Best of all, even with 4gb's of memory on my laptop vista 64 still took a while to load up and was generally slow to respond. I've been using 7 this whole weekend and I'm done w/ vista.

It's simple, fast, and I loveeee the new effects. The first thing I did have to change was making the task bar nice and small again.

So this Key that they gave out with the beta....it lasts till when? Sept? :)

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I think August, but not 100% sure. Glad to hear it's a winner so far. I'm sure it will change, (improve), even more by the time it is officially released.

*EDIT: yep - "Windows 7 Beta will expire on Aug. 1, 2009"

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I'm sure there will be a Release Candidate build available before Aug. 1st

Remember, there may be an option to upgrade from the Beta... DO NOT UPGRADE! Backup all of your important stuff first and START FROM SCRATCH! You do not want to upgrade a beta OS to a complete OS. It's not recommended.

Just letting you know now so there won't be any problems in the future when you install the final build of Windows 7 (or any possible leaked builds from now to launch). :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the Windows 7 beta. I have to say that I'm really digging the OS myself. I think Microsoft has finally found themselves again. This could very well be the "Mac OS X Killer" if the overwhelming amount of positive feedback holds true when it hits retail.

Last edited: