I am having a problem

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
When I post after submitting I get directed to the top of the thread. I used to be directed to my post. This started happening yesterday. Is there a setting that got messed up? Or is it a glitch?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Are you using the Quick reply function, or the Post Reply! button?

Either Post Reply, Quote, or Post Reply with a multi-quote. It seems to happen on all almost all the time. It may have to do with the extra activity on the board these last couple of days.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I have noticed a bit of a lag from when the post hits the board to when the browser resets its position to my post, but it eventually goes. I'd agree with your thought that it may be due to increased board activity.

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
Part of it may be due in part to some lag on the server with the increase of visitors lately. Also, depending on who's hosting it, inline images can cause the same problems with image hosters that are slow to respond.

I will try to keep an eye on it and see if I can find anything thats causing issues.

Thanks

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Part of it may be due in part to some lag on the server with the increase of visitors lately. Also, depending on who's hosting it, inline images can cause the same problems with image hosters that are slow to respond.

I will try to keep an eye on it and see if I can find anything thats causing issues.

Thanks

Thanx. It seems to be mostly better today and it seems to only happen on 'busy' threads. I think the common denominator is between the time I hit reply to the time I hit submit, somebody else has posted something. I bet this time it will work correctly since nobody will likely post here in this time frame.

ETA: This assertion was correct for this post.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Thanx. It seems to be mostly better today and it seems to only happen on 'busy' threads. I think the common denominator is between the time I hit reply to the time I hit submit, somebody else has posted something. I bet this time it will work correctly since nobody will likely post here in this time frame.

ETA: This assertion was correct for this post.

Is all still ok with this?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Is all still ok with this?

It still goes wacky but it is ONLY when someone else posts between the time I start and before I submit. It is manageable but ideally would be fixed (if possible). My guess it is a vbulletin bug of some sort.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
dlynx and I will keep an eye on this to see if it happens any more. It has not happened to me...yet.