Howard's loosing it.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
On todays show Howard claims that he brought 6 million people to Sirius, at best if my memory serves me correctly he may have brought 2 million with him. Am I wrong?

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
He also claimed a few weeks ago he had 12 million listeners. He claims two people listen per radio.

It's all horse shit. A few years ago they did ratings for the Sirius and it showed he had around 1 million listeners.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I remember that when the study showed Howard had about 1 million consistent listeners, down from about 12 million on terrestrial radio, he freaked out about how incorrect that was, but couldn't prove otherwise.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
He also stated yesterday that he doesn't remember every single thing he says on the radio but his listeners do.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Didn't Howard also say that not working Fridays was doing an injustice to a paying audience?

LOL...

just a show guys

Reactions: Snoozer

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Howard has a lot more than 2 million listeners on Satellite Radio. It's not even close to being so low as 1/5 of the SIRIUS listeners.

A few months back he started saying that 60% of Satellite Radio listeners listen exclusively to his channels. I think he may have not clarified that's on the SIRIUS side and not the XM side and that exclusively deal seems off.

But 60% is consistent with the 6 million listeners on the SIRIUS side.

So I don't think that's off base. In the beginning when he started he made a lot of jokes about how nobody was listening, partly for a joke. But his audience has grown quite a bit since Jan 9, 2006.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I heard 23 million Africans are subscribers. 4.5 million from Kenya alone.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Howard has a lot more than 2 million listeners on Satellite Radio. It's not even close to being so low as 1/5 of the SIRIUS listeners.

I doubt it is that high. I know almost 20 Sirius listeners and I'm the only one who listens to Howard even on occasion. I don't even listen very often. This even includes people who used to listen when he was on terrestrial radio.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Biaviian makes a good point (or things of that nature, haha)... I know about 4-5 SiriusXM subscribers and not only do they not listen to Howard, they can't stand him, find the show unlistenable, etc. I believe in 1 case the guy doesn't even know who Howard Stern is, so that guy might have his own problems. :)

I would tend to believe Howard's number of listeners is "low" (as in, 1 million or less), because Eric from Hoboken seems to get through at will, as do all the other regular callers. I believe some in the past have said they get through on the first attempt without any difficulty. I picture Will sitting around whistling, waiting for ANY phone call to come in.... :)

It is somewhat surprising to see Howard featured so prominently in the Sirius ads now, is that to try to entice him to re-sign? Or is it simply because he is SiriusXM's most-recognizable name (arguably), regardless of number of listeners or whether he re-signs a year from now or not?

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I know about two people who listen to him on Sirius.

I remember when he was on regular radio and I'd ask people if they would buy Sirius and they told me that it wasn't worth paying for, he's been doing the same thing for years etc. etc. and that whatever Howard's gonna do in his career, he's already done it so why bother paying.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I know a lot of guys over in the dessert that listen to him. They listen over the net with wifi whenever they get a chance. Howard is huge with military guys. Atleast he is with all the guys I know over there. I don't think we will ever know how many people are really listening.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I know a lot of guys over in the desert that listen to him. They listen over the net with wifi whenever they get a chance. Howard is huge with military guys. Atleast he is with all the guys I know over there. I don't think we will ever know how many people are really listening.

Fixed it for you! :D

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

A few months back he started saying that 60% of Satellite Radio listeners listen exclusively to his channels. I think he may have not clarified that's on the SIRIUS side and not the XM side and that exclusively deal seems off.

But 60% is consistent with the 6 million listeners on the SIRIUS side.

So I don't think that's off base. In the beginning when he started he made a lot of jokes about how nobody was listening, partly for a joke. But his audience has grown quite a bit since Jan 9, 2006.

thats kinda what i was thinkin. besides what howard says, cause yea he does say a ton of different shit, just look at the numbers from like mid 05 to mid 06. there was a huge jump of i think like 6 million. now many of those may not listen to howard, but they also would not know of sirius without him.

-jhdk

Last edited: