Howard TV vs No Howard TV

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Mentioned this before but to be able to watch Howard, Robin and Artie in particular here and there on TV changes my perspective on the show. When I watch it, I can tell Howard is way more jovial and happy than he comes across on the air. When he is bitching about stuff he has this kinda smirk on his face that says "wait til they hear this." Makes me realize the show is a show much more and that he isn't angry, bitter or nearly as unhappy as I would have thought.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
While I can vicariously enjoy the TV show through your description, it's a shame Howard's visual clues do not translate well to those who are not able to get that service (myself included).

It's good to hear, though.

Last edited:

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
That's exactly how the E! show changed the radio show for me. Being able to see their faces and reactions and stuff really changed the "tone" of the show for me and I enjoyed it a lot more. I watch HTV from time to time but really not enough to justify the cost...

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I had Howard TV for about a year and a half, and loved it. I agree with Taylor that it gives you a glimpse into the motivations of Howard and his idea for what the show should be. It's much more of a put on in general than you could ever gleam from just listening. I wish they offered it online, as a subscription, because I just had enough of the cable company here, and had to drop it. :(

I made some great tapes though, for my children to see a true master at work. ;)

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Mentioned this before but to be able to watch Howard, Robin and Artie in particular here and there on TV changes my perspective on the show. When I watch it, I can tell Howard is way more jovial and happy than he comes across on the air. When he is bitching about stuff he has this kinda smirk on his face that says "wait til they hear this." Makes me realize the show is a show much more and that he isn't angry, bitter or nearly as unhappy as I would have thought.

I do not have Howard TV and haven't ever seen it, except for maybe a 5 minute preview.

I think you make a great point, Taylor and I think sometimes we all have to take a step back and realize that it is just an entertaining radio show and not the word of god. I'm guilty of this all the time.

There is no doubt that the people on this board are the hardcore sat rad fans and often we're the ones dreaming up conspiracy theories or just general nonsense about the show. While I agree that is fun, I guess we all need to CHILLAX and take a step back.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Dare I say one of the greatest features of BubbaRaw is the ability to log on anywhere in the world?

Say you're at your cousin's house and want to show him some really twisted stuff. Just log on and bam!

Howard TV is good (I used to watch the Friday night MOJO HD previews), but if it were a website, that would be make it even better.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I pay for Howard TV at my brothers place. I have been for a year. I never got a chance to go over there and watch it. So I took matters into my own hands and watch Howard TV on my laptop via Slingbox. I swear by it. I have Direct TV at home.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Dare I say one of the greatest features of BubbaRaw is the ability to log on anywhere in the world?

Say you're at your cousin's house and want to show him some really twisted stuff. Just log on and bam!

Howard TV is good (I used to watch the Friday night MOJO HD previews), but if it were a website, that would be make it even better.

Agree 100%. And make it $9.95 a month. I constantly consider canceling with the current price that almost hits $15 after tax. Online access would be very cool.

Honestly, I think this is where the future is anyway. With the proliferation of small inexpensive networked home media players, it won't be long before internet tv/radio is commonly viewed on our TVs along side cable and satellite tv. Lots of us are already doing this. I would love for the Stern show and HTV to be available on the internet as it would save a lot of headache dealing with sat rad equipment!

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)

when you make the kinda f*ck you money howard does and have a model wife, why wouldn't you have a sh*t eating grin if u were him?

as for howard tv, I can't justify paying $15 bucks a month for it, when sirius only cost $13 a month.

hell, I'm only paying $85 a month for all the movie channels on comcast right now.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Is HowardTV automatically in HD, or would my provider have to pick up the HD version? I know they use HD equipment, but I don't think every provider has it in HD.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
when you make the kinda f*ck you money howard does and have a model wife, why wouldn't you have a sh*t eating grin if u were him?

This is where I know I'm totally in the minority but just because he earns a ton! of money won't make him any happier. Howards deal was well known and most people know what he makes a year at SIRIUS. Everyone doesn't look at him like a normal human being they look at him like their ticket to something.

Anyone from Wackpackers, to other on air staff, to people like Riley Martin and Gene Simmons just focus on his money. Like he doesn't deserve it. Everyone around him wants a handout for something. And I'm sure some have a reason to be paid better.

Some days I'm really generous. And some days I might not be. But I can only imagine that from Howards perspective every day is like dealing with the most aggressive pan handlers ever. From every angle including those whom maybe are his friends. To me, that's the ultimate hell, realizing all those around you only care about money. It's the reason I never play or desire to win the lottery. Because all it would really do is make you realize how shallow everyone really is.

But that's just me.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
While I can vicariously enjoy the TV show through your description, it's a shame Howard's visual clues do not translate well to those who are not able to get that service (myself included).

It's good to hear, though.
Check your PM.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Is HowardTV automatically in HD, or would my provider have to pick up the HD version? I know they use HD equipment, but I don't think every provider has it in HD.

My buddy has it. It's not automatically HD. Comcast in the Mid-Maryland area offers HowardTV with most of it being SD. However, there is an HD submenu with about half-a-dozen to a dozen HD programs. I guess HD isn't prevalent enough yet to offer more selections. Who knows? Your area might be different.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Maybe Howard is happier with more money. I have no idea. He seems happier with Beth though. And happier to be able to speak his mind more on Satellite.

doubt he'd ever be able to get a "beth" if he wasn't filthy rich either. I remember stories being told of other men she dated pretty much all being rich guys as well.