Howard to Artie: "Why discuss it on the air?"

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
What an asshole. At least when Artie is back after his mysterious absences, part of the fun is needling him about it on the air. Yet today Howard doesn't want to deal with it on the air! :eek: WHAT??? Thanks a lot... why would Artie ever change...

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Maybe even Howard realizes its a tired old bit that nobody cares about. :crazy:

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
Yeah, Howard needs to figure out a new angle on how to make Artie's absences funny again. The whole, "let's talk off the air and figure out a new schedule for you" is bullshit.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
It sounds like he's getting tired of it. I know I am and I'm a huge Artie fan. Hopefully they talk off air and Howard lays down the law. I doubt it though.

Mulefan100

Dec 9, 2008
I have a feeling that Artie won't be coming back immediately, if ever, after next weeks vacation...

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I think Howard is starting to get really pissed about it and wants things to change!

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Howard won't do a thing about it...other than dealing with it passively. He might read more bad email about Artie, sort of what he does to Robin when she gets on his nerves, but that's about it.

Howard is a pussy.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Let's hope Beth tells Howard how to deal with Artie, otherwise Howard will never do a thing.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Artie should not be allowed to come in late regularly. That should not happen. I think it should be kept off the air and I agree with most posters that it's just taken over a bit too much.

If Stern lets Artie do anything it should be to let him go off for a month or a few months to get his act together. If he comes back from that and still messes up then cut him off and part ways.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
If/when Howard cracks down on Artie's poor attendance record and sleeping on the job, it will be the end of Artie on the show. Artie will go into his "Artie's gonna do what Artie's gonna do" attitude since he doesn't like being told what to do by a boss. Just like he said years ago: this will end badly.

I was the biggest Artie fan, but now I think he is starting to drag down the show. I hope he can go get himself well before going to jail or overdosing and killing himself.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Let's start a survey, the show is on after the week off, or not, and if it is back, will Artie be back or not.

I say show is back, Artie is gone.

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
Show back, Artie back, Warren Buffet steps in to lend to Mel and keep SIRI afloat.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i guess im in the minority here but i cant get enough of the saga that is artie lange. i would be happy to hear them going into arties craziness all day.

-jhdk

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Of course Howard doesn't want to discuss it on air. He's a shock jock, not an HR director...

They've discussed it ad nauseam. It won't bring it to a conclusion.

From my understanding of Thursday's show, Artie said he was going to try JUST doing the show and cutting out the weekend gigs, which is EXACTLY what he needs to do. If he's not wiping himself out on the weekends, he'll have more energy for the show. Artie knows and even said that the show takes precedent over the stand-up. He knows his standup is hot because of the show, that he won't have the same effect if he leaves.

Hopefully this will be the turn-around he needs. Yeah, so I'm as gullible and naive as Howard, what's your point?:clueless:

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
From my understanding of Thursday's show, Artie said he was going to try JUST doing the show and cutting out the weekend gigs, which is EXACTLY what he needs to do.

So Artie says he has a tough time leaving money on the table, which is why he does the weekend gigs. Seems to me that if Artie would get his shit together and show up on the show and be funny all the time, that he could probably work fewer, *bigger* gigs and make as much, if not more, than he is now. Scheduling things in advance, he could have plenty of time to promote and sell tickets to larger venues.

I think part of his problem now, and the problem with the New Year's Eve gig was that people were worried about what Artie they were going to get. Funny, or fucked up. Too bad he can't get it together.

FlaDoc

Jan 13, 2009
people knew what they were doing by not buying tickets to his New years eve show. I have wanted to see Artie live for sometime. But I have passed twice when he has been performing in my area because I am not going to spend my hard earned money supporting a drug addict.

Enough is enough. At first it was funny and made for some good stories. Now it's consuming the show and I believe Howard realizes it.

I actually think the show might be funnier without Artie at this time. As long as Beth is not allowed to book guests. And Fred should speak up a little more, and they should all put a muzzle on Robin...dam she can be annoying.