Howard talking about terrestrial radio and satellite radio

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
unless he wants to write another book, which I think he has in him.

I was with you up until this part. I'm fairly certain I heard him say recently that he'd never do that again because it was much too consuming for him.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I was a little surprised he revealed recently he doesn't even have a film/TV development company anymore - and how that got no mention anywhere. I know he would string people along with hopes of "Howard Stern: The High School Years" and a "Porky's" remake, but at least we now know why these things will never transpire. He's not going to develop anything in the future if he couldn't do those, he's never going to act again, so that really only leaves radio, unless he wants to write another book, which I think he has in him.

At one time, the idea was to put "High School Years" on something like SpikeTV. In fact, I think it was supposed to be SpikeTV. Howard said that he wanted to do the animation "right", but to do it the way he wanted was too expensive.

I suppose if he really wanted to, he could have finished up the episodes he started and release them on HowardTV.

It seems like another option would be to kick out Tim Sabean, move into his position, and make occasional guest apperances on the various shows. However, he said once that if he was going to do that, he really would want a regular show.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
At one time, the idea was to put "High School Years" on something like SpikeTV. In fact, I think it was supposed to be SpikeTV. Howard said that he wanted to do the animation "right", but to do it the way he wanted was too expensive.

That and the allegation that Chris Rock stole his idea with Everyone Hates Chris.

Just more hot air from the KOAM.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
WHAT? Howard said Chris Rock stole his idea?

He is really crazy. I mean, he still claims he invented American Idol and says it with a straight face.

Poor man. If he's not doing a schtick, he really is sick in the head.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
WHAT? Howard said Chris Rock stole his idea?

He is really crazy. I mean, he still claims he invented American Idol and says it with a straight face.

Poor man. If he's not doing a schtick, he really is sick in the head.

Yeah, when Chris Rock came out with the show, IIRC, Howard said he stole the idea, only Chris was the black version of him and his story.

I don't use MarksFriggin but I'm sure it'll be on there if you can search.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
So nobody else was beaten up in high school? What the fuck? I swear the stuff Howard claims to have invented is extremely vague.

The whole chicken doing picks is some old bit that has been around forever.

Same with American Idol. He basically had auditions on the air and some guy from a record company judged them. Now he claims American Idol is the same thing that he did in 1980-something.