Howard Stern Show In The News

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
That's weird. Isn't stuff that's created on the air property of Howard or whatever company Howard works for at the time depending on the deal?

Howard sued CBS to get those tapes since they were made on CBS/WXRK-owned equipment. They tried to recreate some of the stuff after they started at Sirius. As we know, Howard won.

Bubba owns all the stuff from when Spice and Brent (and others) were on.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
HAHA sure John, it seems sirius holds all the cards here. They can shut down your show. How much does he figure he's worth? And I like that in the news anyone who was ever on the show more than a little bit was a 'sidekick'

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Various websites have picked it up, but Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam said the other day that they were scheduled to go on with Howard back in March or April or so...right about the time that Howard started from home.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Does Howard stay or go? 1 year contracts? 5 years? He doesn't want to end it at home. Maybe he'll go back to testical and shock everybody.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Does Howard stay or go? 1 year contracts? 5 years? He doesn't want to end it at home. Maybe he'll go back to testical and shock everybody.

Testicle would force him to work five days a week, play edited clips and really tone down the stuff with Ronnie and Richard and Sal.

I also doubt testicle would pay him as much as he wanted.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Tone down, haha uh yea if at all. Well he was very vague on Tuesday. Marian is the only person asking about it. And hearing nothing from good ol don is bull
crap

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

$120m for....how long?

Things could still fall apart, but it's not a surprise he's not retiring.

That's $40m from the current deal and $20m from the original deal...and wasn't some of the original money also going to the spinoff stuff? It makes me wonder what's up. Remember, he was supposed to do that Howard 360, but it didn't seem to turn out to be too much.

It's a very slim chance that Donald Trump gets re-elected and that he is one of Howard's final-ever guests when a new five-year contract expires. I mean, it's a "slim to none chance" and slim is just about to leave town, but...I suppose anything could happen.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
This link is the top story on Drudge right now:

This is such a moot point. Trump will be on trial, in jail, or hiding in another country to avoid prosecution. There's about 30 criminal indictments and lawsuits waiting for him, for when he becomes a regular citizen again.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Nah, my guess is neither of those things will happen. At worst it will be settlements w/o having to admit guilt.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Nah, my guess is neither of those things will happen. At worst it will be settlements w/o having to admit guilt.

Kobe Bryant. Ben Roethlisberger. Donald Trump.

But we know he has millions in loans due. If anyone remembers the movie "Blank Check" when the kid has to fess up that the whole thing was a scam...."Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

One thing? 2024 won't be Trump.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Getting Conan and Howard would be a huge come-up for them.

Well, HBO Max *is* getting a new Conan show next summer. He's ending his nightly TBS thing, but will still apparently have specials on there. He'll start some new thing on HBO Max.

Reactions: JHDK

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
SiriusXM announces “Howard Stern’s Comics on Comics,” a new video special that will be available over Thanksgiving week. The video series showcases legendary comedian guests sharing stories about their fellow comedians. Some of the comedians featured include Jim Carrey on Rodney Dangerfield, Tommy Chong on Redd Foxx and George Carlin, and Marc Maron on Sam Kinison.

Reactions: sadchild

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Here's the answer to whether or not Howard re-signed (or resigned) with SXM

Howard re-signs
Howard re-signs
Howard just signed...a new contract
(Now Robin, show your tits?)

She didn't know how long the five-year deal was. I saw an article...it made sense he wouldn't go anywhere else, since SiriusXM has rights to his archives until 2027. They'd still have his archives, even though, say, he'd be live on Spotify.

Reactions: HecticArt