Howard Stern Show In The News

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I think that, with age, Howard realized that the "personality" he had been playing on THSS was a real dickhead. Look at what happened with Robin Williams. Howard shit on him, then regretted it for years, but couldn't face up to it. And then Williams died.

How many jellybeans are in Rosie's head?

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
If Lange wasn't so messed-up maybe he could've stepped into Howard's shoes at some point. I share Lange's frustration about the total snub from Stern, but that's not an excuse to trash Howard's career.

or he could have had a direct role in shaping what, if anything, howard changed into.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard was better with Artie but is still a genius without him. Artie does not seem all that funny or brilliant without Howard. As I have said before, I think Howard felt betrayed and lied to by Artie but was really stung by those who said he had somehow enabled Artie and had some responsibility in the suicide attempt. .

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Howard was better with Artie but is still a genius without him. Artie does not seem all that funny or brilliant without Howard. As I have said before, I think Howard felt betrayed and lied to by Artie but was really stung by those who said he had somehow enabled Artie and had some responsibility in the suicide attempt. .
Artie's post-drugs stand-up is kind of a one note thing. It's all about being a former junkie, and I don't think too many people can identify with that. Howard was able to hone Artie's brilliance into small bits with purpose, which worked very well.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Artie could listen to Howard and Robin riffing and make instantaneous associations with unrelated things. Too brilliant for my mortal mind to describe properly. Fred caught every word and non-fake laughed often. Those first five years at Sirius were truly radio gold.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
People love the news, but for me it isn't as funny after Artie left. Miss Gilbert too, was listening to him on the history shows from the 80's. Also he was on John Oliver a few weeks ago voicing jared kushner. Has anyone actually heard him talk???

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
And here we go again.

Want Trump's opinion on anything ever? Go to the Howard Stern tapes!

Trump says O. J. Simpson was framed and the LAPD planted evidence in newly released transcripts

I like how the headline calls a years old interview "newly released transcripts". I guess someone just re-listened to the show and wrote it down so it's "newly released".
I agree that treating old broadcasts as new information is bullshit, but someone must've recently made a transcript of the on-air interview, that's all.

Reactions: JHDK

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Making the rounds now...

Howard Stern will induct Bon Jovi into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This means a trip to Cleveland.

(Interesting sidenote: I know someone who claims to have been on Howard's local security detail during the WMMR funeral "Radio D-day sabotage" thing which was featured during History of Howard Stern.)

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Making the rounds now...

Howard Stern will induct Bon Jovi into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This means a trip to Cleveland.

(Interesting sidenote: I know someone who claims to have been on Howard's local security detail during the WMMR funeral "Radio D-day sabotage" thing which was featured during History of Howard Stern.)
That sounds like an uncharacteristic level of effort for Howard.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That sounds like an uncharacteristic level of effort for Howard.

It does.

Cleveland to Pitt is only like 2 hours by car so real quick on a private jet. My guess is that maybe the HoF speech falls around the time he and Beth were planing to visit her family anyway.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
It does.

Cleveland to Pitt is only like 2 hours by car so real quick on a private jet. My guess is that maybe the HoF speech falls around the time he and Beth were planing to visit her family anyway.

I flew from Pittsburgh to Detroit once. It was like 50 minutes. I don't even think we got to typical cruising altitude.

Pittsburgh to Cleveland? Does the landing gear even need to be retracted?