Howard Stern only subscription ?

Oct 29, 2008
Hi. I was just curious......Is this type of subscription plan available ?

I don't want to bother with the music, or even the news. Let's say I wanted to listen to Howard only from time to time. What would be the cheapest plan to listen to him. I'm not willing to pay 12.95 for my projected use of the service. All and all I'm not a big fan of sat radio from past use, but I would not mind Howard a few times a month. Would a new plan be available for someone like me. I don't even need a radio really, but I see that the internet radio plan is 12.95 as well. I don't know in the end it probably won't be worth it. Am I missing a really cheap plan that might fit my needs, or should I just forget about Howard listening ? Any suggestions ? Also I'm not clear on the current state of the company. Is SiriusXm the new name for the company ? These new plans they have on the Sirius site. Are these permanent new plans, or temporary ?
I kind of wish Howard was independent so I could stream online without Sirius.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Maybe if they just offered the BEST OF service for $6 or so?

dex

Oct 30, 2008
Sirius got Howard to sell all things Sirius -- not Stern. They need full subs to pay his salary...

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Hi. I was just curious......Is this type of subscription plan available ?

I don't want to bother with the music, or even the news. Let's say I wanted to listen to Howard only from time to time. What would be the cheapest plan to listen to him. I'm not willing to pay 12.95 for my projected use of the service. All and all I'm not a big fan of sat radio from past use, but I would not mind Howard a few times a month. Would a new plan be available for someone like me. I don't even need a radio really, but I see that the internet radio plan is 12.95 as well. I don't know in the end it probably won't be worth it. Am I missing a really cheap plan that might fit my needs, or should I just forget about Howard listening ? Any suggestions ? Also I'm not clear on the current state of the company. Is SiriusXm the new name for the company ? These new plans they have on the Sirius site. Are these permanent new plans, or temporary ?
I kind of wish Howard was independent so I could stream online without Sirius.
Check your PM.

Reactions: out of control

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Since Howard is the main reason Sirius stayed afloat they need a full stream of revenue to pay his salary.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Even when Mel proposed other plans (which of course never happened cause he is Mel and he lied), now of them could have included listening to Stern and getting some sort of discount! I'm sure someone could dig out those proposed plans which never happened. They do need SIRIUS money to pay for Stern. I think if they had something where they charged for only Stern that they would pay his salary....but it wouldn't be so good for the rest of Sirius.

BTW, the only internet only sub that Sirius offers is still $12.95! You are much better off getting a radio AND having the internet radio that they give you for free along with it. I imagine people in countries that cannot get reception pay the internet only fee, but it makes little sense if North America.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Does an internet only sub cost 12.95? I thought there was a 6.99 option. Maybe not.

Maybe you could work out a deal with a current sub to pay for one of their internet subs for 6 bucks a month?

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
Does an internet only sub cost 12.95? I thought there was a 6.99 option. Maybe not.

Maybe you could work out a deal with a current sub to pay for one of their internet subs for 6 bucks a month?

If you just want the internet only, it is 12.95 a month. This is what people get who are outside this country and outside the satellite coverage. This includes Stern. Otherwise they would get a radio sub for the same price and it would also include internet.

The 6.99 is for an additional radio sub for those that already had the one 12.95 radio sub.

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
I've always felt their internet only access was way over priced!

I wonder why there is not a market for people who own multiple radio subs who in-turn have multiple internet subs, Sell their internet sub to someone for less. I don't think there is anything that would keep you from doing this would there?

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I wonder why there is not a market for people who own multiple radio subs who in-turn have multiple internet subs, Sell their internet sub to someone for less. I don't think there is anything that would keep you from doing this would there?

Legally speaking, yes.

4. Personal Use of the Service: We provide the Service only for your personal, non-commercial enjoyment. You may not make commercial use of, reproduce, rebroadcast, or otherwise transmit our programming, or record, charge admission for listening to or distribute play lists of our programming. If you use the Service for commercial purposes, we reserve the right to charge you our commercial rate retroactively to the beginning of your Subscription. We or any of our programming providers may prosecute violations of the foregoing against you and other responsible parties in any court of competent jurisdiction, under the rules and regulations of the FCC and other applicable laws.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Terms and Conditions

Personally, I think doing this is unethical (especially if you're a true fan of satellite radio). They are struggling financially and they need every little bit they can get right now. Just go out there and promote satellite radio instead of selling an account to someone else.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2008
I'm just curious. to the threadstarter, y do you post on a message board that pertains to satellite radio, if you don't have satellite radio?
yes. Apparently you don't read signatures very well, and don't bother to look at post history before you comment. I brought this very issue to attention when I first signed up, and everyone was very welcoming to me. If you open your eyes some more you will also see that others areas of digital music exist on this web site.
:p:p:p:p:p
;););););)

Reactions: hank-the-dwarf

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
yes. Apparently you don't read signatures very well, and don't bother to look at post history before you comment. I brought this very issue to attention when I first signed up, and everyone was very welcoming to me. If you open your eyes some more you will also see that others areas of digital music exist on this web site.

Defensive much? I don't think he was attacking you. He asked a logical question in a civil way. As far as I know your still more than welcome. :drink: Lets be friends.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Could you get the XM internet-only option with Best of Sirius? That would only be, what, about $10 a month?

The other plans Mel proposed DID happen...but nothing really for people who want Howard or sports. With the Starmate 5, you can pay for whatever music or talk you want ala carte, and I think you can pay a premium fee for Howard...but if you want Howard and sports, I think the best option is the everything.