Howard secret santa gift

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
crazy that dude giving him the headstone

any guesses as to the amount he gave the intern kid from philly? $5 grand?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Haven't heard this segment yet, but that is an interesting gift for sure.

RS-12-18-08---HS-tombstone.jpg

Chance00

Oct 15, 2008
Chicago
crazy that dude giving him the headstone

any guesses as to the amount he gave the intern kid from philly? $5 grand?

On the wrap up show they said that the kid didn't say how much it was but later howard decided he needed to blurt it out. It was 5k.

Artie had some good comments on the WUS, he said that he thinks secret santa has turned into howard feeling guilty he's not getting everyone a gift so he gives a ton of money to someone he barely knows.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I was thinking at least $5k as well, though I wonder if it wasn't the whole thing. Nice!

edit: D'oh! so it was $5k - nice for sure!

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
I thought the gift was brilliant. I wonder what the kid paid for it? He said it would have retailed for $5k, but he got a discount.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

On the wrap up show they said that the kid didn't say how much it was but later howard decided he needed to blurt it out. It was 5k.

Artie had some good comments on the WUS, he said that he thinks secret santa has turned into howard feeling guilty he's not getting everyone a gift so he gives a ton of money to someone he barely knows.

To the average Joe 5 G's is a ton of money, to Howard I doubt it moves the scale.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
To the average Joe 5 G's is a ton of money, to Howard I doubt it moves the scale.

Is that the gift-giving threshold now...moving the scale?
Shit, he'd need to give about $50 million to do that.
I'd take the $5 grand and be happy as hell.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Is that the gift-giving threshold now...moving the scale?
Shit, he'd need to give about $50 million to do that.
I'd take the $5 grand and be happy as hell.

Never said I wouldn't be happy with 5 G's, but for a guy with Howards money its no great shakes. Especially if you factor in all the gifts he didn't have to buy for the crew thanks to Secret Santa. JMO.

YourDream84

Dec 18, 2008
Oklahoma
I loved his attempt to be gracious about it though. Then finally "I just can't do this anymore, you do realize that's the worst fucking gift ever, right?"

I just can't fathom what's going through Ted's head as he's picking this gift... "What do you buy for the guy who has everything? Oh! I know, a TOMBSTONE! Betcha he don't have one of those..."

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
The whole Secret Santa bit is the worst ever (well, except for Jessica and Mr. Ed). Anyone who has heard about his tipping habits and the gifts he gives knows Howard isn't cheap, so why have a bit that basically points to being cheap? I can see him thinking it's a funny concept for some unknown to get a jackpot, but in practice the whole thing bombed. He should have learned from last year.

Bring back the wood chipper!

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Ultimate creepy gift, was that arties Ted ? If so wouldn’t artie have been the more appropriate recipient of that gift?

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
I think this gift selection is brilliant! It's a nice FU to Howard, because you know he isn't going to like anything.

I totally agree. For a guy like Howard who is neurotic about getting old, it was perfect. The only problem is, it must have cost him a couple grand, unless they did it for free in exchange for a plug (of which he only gave one). It is an instant set piece for the studio. And, it was really well done to boot; I would be totally appropriate as his real tomb stone.

Last edited:
Reactions: hank-the-dwarf

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Bigger farce than the year Benjy gave him a black kid. The Christmas holiday should be sacred. Why can't they simply sit around the fire listening to Moozerel Balls, I'm Dreaming of a White Penis, Santa Claus Has Got the AIDS This Year, etc., and finish it off with a spirited sing along of Christmas at the Men's Club NYC followed by a reading from A Speech Impediment Christmas Carol?

:note:With a rope, and some winches
We'll stretch you to 14 inches
A beautiful sight, my tuchas so tight
Christmas at the Men's Club NYC
:note: