Howard "Sceeved Out" Because Leno Only Gets $20 Million?

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Thats what Richard thought, and we all know how that turned out! :shock:

[Richard Voice] Heeeeeeeeeeeeey, but I like their muuuuuuuuuuuusic. I don't want to miss aaaaaaaaaaaaaaany songs! [/Richard Voice]

I'm with Ralph when it comes to Richard: he's a highly functional mentally challenged person.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
However detrimental Howard's salary may be to Sirius now, the fact is that Sirius would have gone under years ago if they hadn't signed him.
Not necessarialy, Howard was doing XM promos back in the day giving XM some decent numbers. If Howard had done spots for Sirius who knows?

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Howard probably can't grasp the concept of a person being generous to his workers, as most of the Stern staff lives in poverty, having to rely on outside gigs and show prize money to pay their bills. Pretty pathetic for the "Number 1" radio show of all time.

He also most likely can't imagine anyone having the ability to turn down money. That thought has never made it past his wig.

The reason he dislikes Jay so much is because he's jealous of him. Jay thrives quite well without Howard, doing something Howard himself failed at, a talk show. He took John, who is doing much better since leaving the Stern show. Jay also works quite hard, despite not having to, another concept lost on Howard. Leno stays up late with writers to make his show better each year, not worse like Howard's.

The result? Despite badmouthing NBC for the last year or so, Jay is offered a new show, more money, and probably many perks. Howard? Losing listeners by the day, and bankrupting the company he works for.

You are so deep into your psychology of Howard, did you even listen to what he was skeeved about? Jay didn't say "Give my extra pay to my employees". It doesn't make him any closer to his fans. If you or any of my co-workers told me they voluntarily took less money than they could get, I'd think they were assholes, too. I'm sure you just do volunteer work yourself, being that you are so magnanimous.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
You are so deep into your psychology of Howard, did you even listen to what he was skeeved about? Jay didn't say "Give my extra pay to my employees". It doesn't make him any closer to his fans. If you or any of my co-workers told me they voluntarily took less money than they could get, I'd think they were assholes, too. I'm sure you just do volunteer work yourself, being that you are so magnanimous.

I don't recall anyone saying that Jay Leno told his coworkers that he voluntarily took less money than he could. It is Howard's money crazy conclusion that Leno could get more money than the $20,000,000 he gets. And that skeeves (or schkeeves) Howard out?? Maybe Leno feels less pressure taking a mere $20,000,000 rather than squeezing NBC for every last penny? Who in his right mind would get "skeeved out" because some other guy is only getting $20,000,000 a year and maybe could get more? This reminds me of how Rush Limbaugh treated Bill Clinton. No matter what Clinton did, Limbaugh found a way to find fault with him for it. He could do nothing right.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Don't worry, in ten years Howard and Jay will make nicey-nice and then you can call him a hypocrite.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Since this thread, I've been reading about Leno (I don't like or watch his show, but his website "Leno's Garage" is very good). He claims he doesn't touch the money he makes from his show but puts it all in the bank, and that he lives off of (and pays for his car obsession with) what he makes for appearances (of which he claims to do 200+ a year). He has no kids and no divorces, and he's been on the Tonight Show for nearly 20 years @ $10 million + a year (average; he makes more now but less when he started). He also probably doubles that a year with his appearances. The guy's got big FU money.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008

I never said that Jay is giving anything extra to his employees salary-wise. Although he does give them $1000 per year of service for a Christmas bonus. Howard won't even spring for a small holiday party for his immediate staff.

As far as taking less money goes, there's a big difference between normal salaried people, like I assume most in this forum are, and people like Jay and Howard. Both Stern and Leno could most likely never work another day, if they so desired. It's just that Jay is being gracious, which I believe does bring him closer to his fans. Unlike Howard, who is always after more and more and more, and then some. How much is enough?

On today's WUS, they were talking again about the Christmas situation. Gary was trying to deflect, as usual, but someone (Jason?) admitted that mostly everyone in their offices feels upset about it. And he used to mock Jackie with the "I got your money" taunt? Please.

The result of all this is as follows: In Burbank, Jay drives to work each day, and is respected and adored by his staff for his kindness and generosity. This will keep morale high, which in turn will increase productivity, and the end result is a better show for his fans. Howard, on the other hand, is oblivious to his staff's concerns as he slinks out the "secret exit" each morning to his limo after putting in his grueling 5 hours of "work," content that the 2 million he earned that week is all the respect he needs. As he said, the staff should give him presents. After all, he gave them jobs, right? Maybe if Sirius bumps his operating expenses up to 200 mil next yer, he'll splurge for a party.

Reactions: hank-the-dwarf

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
As someone who was without work for a month or so recently, I appreciate a regular paycheck and the rest is gravy. Some of these guys have a hard lesson ahead of them. Most of them seem to think that Howard is supposed to be the new Santa in their lives now that they've moved out of their peeps house. It's gonna be even worse in 2 years. I'm sure you communists think Howard should move everyone into a commune and pay for their retirement....

I can only imagine the Jay Leno ass-kissing forum you all must belong to. Bet there's no critical threads there...

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
I'm sure you communists think Howard should move everyone into a commune and pay for their retirement....

I can only imagine the Jay Leno ass-kissing forum you all must belong to. Bet there's no critical threads there...

Its all a pro-Leno conspiracy. Are you even remotely familiar with the forum guidelines?

Reactions: hank-the-dwarf

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
Garth Brooks realized that he had more money than he could ever spend, when he retired he gave his crew retirement plus health insurance for life.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Another aspect of Howard's rant on Leno that kind of bugged me was his statement about how if John is able to keep his job on the Tonight Show, it would be because of the Stern Show. He says that he knows Jay regrets hiring John in the first place, but that he wouldn't dare let him go because he made such a big deal about getting him in the first place.

Howard has said this at least twice now in as many days.

Howard is playing two sides of the fence on this. If John isn't hired on for the prime time Leno show, Howard can claim that he was right about Jay not liking John. If John is hired up again, Howard can claim that he is the reason why he wasn't fired.

Win/Win situation for Howard.