Howard Rewrites History Again

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
So... this morning Howard seemed to indicate that he negotiated 10 weeks off and Fridays off as a sort of semi-retirement schedule and that we all knew about it in advance... In fact, when Howard announced the move to Sirius he was fist pumping the Howard Revolution and asking us to join .... There was no hint of taking 10 weeks vacation then and he stated that he would not take every Friday off... He claims that there is more "content" now... I repectfully disagree if he is talking about Sal and Richard and their amateurish stuff...The listeners did better phony phone calls. Having said that, I still believe the present show - with so much riffing time - is better even with a less energized and sort of sadder Howard and so many days off... Right now I do not think I will continue if he does two days a week but if faced with no Howard I will probably cave in...

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I'd love 2 days a week, later in the day show format. As it is now, the show takes up a good 20 hours of my time a week, including evening repeats and weekend repeats consisting of a good additional 15 hours or so. 2 days a week would make the content all the more special.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
if they gotta pay howard half a billion to re-sign for 2 days a week, I really hope they don't do it, cuz they could easily use that money to pay some other good talent to work 5 days week with much less vacation. now if he's willing to sign for much less and do the 2 days a week, preferably in afternoons, then I'm all for it.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
dude, its 13 bucks/month. How cheap r u?

If Stern is all he subs for then why waste the money if he's not there as much?
I'd still sub but I listen to other things.

I doubt Sirius would be willing to pay or justify another 500 million for only 2 days a week. I'd think it'd be cheaper to lose the subs at that point.
I'm sure howard knows if he comes back for less he'll get less.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Figure Howard is working his ass off compared to, say, Oprah.

She has a whole channel but, from what I understand, is rarely in studio, if at all.

*EDIT: I meant SHE has a whole channel, not HE.

Last edited:

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
if they gotta pay howard half a billion to re-sign for 2 days a week, I really hope they don't do it, cuz they could easily use that money to pay some other good talent to work 5 days week with much less vacation. now if he's willing to sign for much less and do the 2 days a week, preferably in afternoons, then I'm all for it.

But:

1) They don't re-sign Howard.
2) How many (thousands? millions?) subscribers cancel?
3) Would they even HAVE $500 million to pay other talent?

Sirius can afford to pay Howard his money because he brought in the subscribers.

I'd LOVE this as the "meat" of the schedule. You could still run the special shows on 100:

Monday 100
6 AM - 12 PM: BTLS Live and Spice Boy Wrap-Up Show
12 - 6 PM: Howard Live and Wrap-Up Show
6 PM - 8 PM: ????
8 PM - XXXX: Ferrall. He wouldn't have to sign off at midnight, either.
After Ferrall until 6 AM: Howard replay

Monday 101:
6 AM PT until 6 PM PT: West Coast Feed of BTLS and Howard
6 PM PT until 12 AM PT: Overnight replay of Howard

Tuesday would be an exact same repeat of the above.

Wednesday-Friday 100
6 AM - 12 PM BTLS Live and Spice Boy Wrap-Up Show
12 PM - XXX: Mammary Lane, MTT, whatever. "Classic Howard."
8 PM - XXX: Ferrall, in the exact same "overtime" format as above.

Wednesday-Friday 101:
6 AM PT until 12 PM PT: West Coast Feed of BTLS
12 PM - 6 AM PT: I don't know.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
With Mel in charge Howard will not be offered anywhere near what he gets now. But Mel knows there will be a mass exodus if Howard is gone. I think the vast majority of Howard fans will let those automatic subscription renewals continue as long as Howard's on for even a couple of days a week, and it will help "justify" a massive pay decrease.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Given recent events, Wayne Edwards' avatar looks like David Letterman getting a reach-around from a female intern.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
Given recent events, Wayne Edwards' avatar looks like David Letterman getting a reach-around from a female intern.

You may be right! That actually is the "assistant" in the center of the scandel behind him. He does look happy...

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
I would LOVE for them to get John Stewart to replace Howard. Howard has done 30+ years of radio maybe it's time for him to retire, there is 30+ years of radio & TV that can be re-aired and John Stewart can get the big guests with uncensored talk maybe even bigger guests because they won't have to worry about questions like how big is your dick or how does your pussy smell today.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
What Howard needs to do is grab some talent from SiriusXM and terrestrial and then promote the hell out of them.

A channel with LIVE Bubba, Ellis, Howard 1 or 2 days per week, Ferral, C&R, would be a great channel.

but a channel of Howard replays, mastertapes, etc would get pretty old.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
2 days a week would be complete bullshit and I would hope Mel wouldn't be suckered into paying a lot of money for that.

You schedule is lacking in Jason Ellis.

/Red Dragons.

So you want more commercials instead of a few songs an hour? Faction is the best place for his show as far as I'm concerned and I don't know why fans of his show would want him on another channel.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
2 days a week would be complete bullshit and I would hope Mel wouldn't be suckered into paying a lot of money for that.

So you want more commercials instead of a few songs an hour? Faction is the best place for his show as far as I'm concerned and I don't know why fans of his show would want him on another channel.

My hope was that with Ellis on 101 it would mean I could listen to Bubba as well since they'd have to be on at different times. :) (Bubba mornings LIVE uncensored and Ellis afternoons) The amount of commericals on Howards channels don't botherme.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Also, two days a week of Howard would be fine by me provided there was enough other decent live talent the rest of the time.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

Exactly. Maybe a replay of Ellis on Howard's channel, but as for right now, Ellis fans get music during breaks AND they don't have to pay to hear him on the Best of Sirius package. Ellis is also available on the iPhone, right?