Howard Reveals He Thought About Bringing Back Jackie For A Few Days

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
I was surprised he thought about this after all the vile he has thrown out about Jackie. Artie has caused much more trouble on the show then Jackie ever did. I guess the difference is Jackie walked out over money and a contract, Artie is gone (at least for a short time) over “personal issues†the difference being Jackie was disloyal to Howard while Artie is (fill in the blank) ___________

After listening to the show play wrestling tapes for almost 30 minutes and playing music to fill in the time after that, they need someone else on the show in the mean time to play off Howard.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
After listening to the show play wrestling tapes for almost 30 minutes and playing music to fill in the time after that, they need someone else on the show in the mean time to play off Howard.

This has been my thought all week. The show just doesn't work with only Howard and Robin. They need a 3rd person.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I dont care how much fred hates jackie, they should bring him back sometimes as artie isn't there. he would be great on there bustin everyone's balls. there's too many howard ass-kissers on there right now these days.

Reactions: jamesp717

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
I dont care how much fred hates jackie, they should bring him back sometimes as artie isn't there. he would be great on there bustin everyone's balls. there's too many howard ass-kissers on there right now these days.

Good post, Jackie bring out an edge in everyone that makes the show better, I know I would enjoy hearing him on the show from time to time.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This has been my thought all week. The show just doesn't work with only Howard and Robin. They need a 3rd person.

dude i totally disagree with that. yea artie/jackie make the show better but the show still rocks with howard, robin and fred. oh and ra ra retard. really just give howard a mic and you will get the best show on radio. everyone else is just a bonus.

-jhdk

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
dude i totally disagree with that. yea artie/jackie make the show better but the show still rocks with howard, robin and fred. oh and ra ra retard. really just give howard a mic and you will get the best show on radio. everyone else is just a bonus.

-jhdk

I agree. Although I like Artie and Jackie, the show is great with just Howard, Robin, and Fred. We don't need another "seat filler" era just for the sake of having someone else in the studio.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I think howard's really changed since the days that jackie was on the show. like I said earlier, howard surrounds himself with yes men. which would include all of his staff. I mean no one will stand up to him. and that includes artie. having jackie on would be interesting because there would at least be someone on there with a contrary viewpoint than everyone else. if jackie was on, what would he do as benji is the head writer. would he fill in artie's speaking role instead?

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I've been critical of the idea for a long time and said that advocates of this are living in the past. But a caller on the WUS made a good point. It would be therapeutic to have them in the studio busting each other's balls (or ovaries in Robin's case). Jackie's guest appearance on the show have been fun as hell. I think doing that would win back a lot of fans and would be a nice sign of good will towards the listeners from Howard. Of course not everyone likes Jackie, but it would be a sign he cares.

Plus something is definitely missing from the show, and it would never be considered if Artie was still there.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
This show is missing something without Artie there but man, I can't stand Jackie. Maybe its because I didn't really listen to the show then but anybody but Jackie I say.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I think howard's really changed since the days that jackie was on the show. like I said earlier, howard surrounds himself with yes men. which would include all of his staff. I mean no one will stand up to him. and that includes artie. having jackie on would be interesting because there would at least be someone on there with a contrary viewpoint than everyone else. if jackie was on, what would he do as benji is the head writer. would he fill in artie's speaking role instead?
Fred doesn't really write anymore, so I'd be interested to see how the Benjy/Jackie dynamic would work.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Beaniemac (I think) said it best, Howard is surrounded by yes-men/women, and Jackie is far from that, so for that reason alone, I think it's a good idea to bring him back. They are all at their best when they are kept on their toes and not doing a formulaic radio show as they have been doing this week.

Of course, just 'cause Howard "thought about" bringing Jackie back doesn't mean anything. He also "thought about" working 5 days a week or at least only taking the occasional Friday off.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I think back in the day all of the nonsense was just part of the deal. But I think that 9 years without Jackie gives them all some perspective that having him in would be a pain in the ass. Because of that, I don't think you'd get the show you think you'd get. It wouldn't be anything like the old days. There is 9 years of distance and growth that didn't include Jackie. IMO it would be less like the old days, and more like trying to fit Chris Farley into David Spade's jacket in "Tommy Boy" - tight and uncomfortable, and probably not good radio when stretched out over 5 hours and several days.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Jackie is great and they need someone else there. If Howard really went into his private life like he used it to it would be fine BUT since he doesn't they need someone else in the mix to make things exciting.

If not we'll be getting more hour long segments on JD or Medicated Pete. I don't want that. I hate JD segments because they've been done to death. How many times do they need to discuss JD's mother leaving to Hawaii or JD being pathetic?

No more please.

Markz

Jan 8, 2009
Northern NJ
I think back in the day all of the nonsense was just part of the deal. But I think that 9 years without Jackie gives them all some perspective that having him in would be a pain in the ass. Because of that, I don't think you'd get the show you think you'd get. It wouldn't be anything like the old days. There is 9 years of distance and growth that didn't include Jackie. IMO it would be less like the old days, and more like trying to fit Chris Farley into David Spade's jacket in "Tommy Boy" - tight and uncomfortable, and probably not good radio when stretched out over 5 hours and several days.
I will agree with your assessment of dropping Jackie back into the show even if for a day or two. The show has changed and Jackie is still... well... Jackie. C'mon that's killer shit!

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Jackie is great and they need someone else there. If Howard really went into his private life like he used it to it would be fine BUT since he doesn't they need someone else in the mix to make things exciting.

If not we'll be getting more hour long segments on JD or Medicated Pete. I don't want that. I hate JD segments because they've been done to death. How many times do they need to discuss JD's mother leaving to Hawaii or JD being pathetic?

No more please.

Next up Hulk Hogan and Jessie Ventura and next week, The Sheik and George Takei

TurfToeTony

Oct 18, 2008
This show is missing something without Artie there but man, I can't stand Jackie. Maybe its because I didn't really listen to the show then but anybody but Jackie I say.

I just listened to him for two weeks on the history of Howard Stern. I don't get the whole Jackie thing. At all.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I just listened to him for two weeks on the history of Howard Stern. I don't get the whole Jackie thing. At all.

I guess you had to be there. He is a great pot stirrer without being an obnoxious jerk like stuttering john. His life was also great fodder for goofing. I wish they would do a special of nothing but Jackie stories (his shanty town, the jetty, Jokeland gets flooded, Beerfest with Nancy, his music, Nancy's music, etc...)