Howard on Letterman

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I follow the logic of Howard's pronouncement that the boss should not get it on with underlings but I don't recognize him being this high on his high horse. Would the pre-Beth Howard have given the same speech? He was always on the high horse about stars who dump their wives and marry models but seemed to encourage single guys to get it on whenever and wherever they could.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I follow the logic of Howard's pronouncement that the boss should not get it on with underlings but I don't recognize him being this high on his high horse. Would the pre-Beth Howard have given the same speech? He was always on the high horse about stars who dump their wives and marry models but seemed to encourage single guys to get it on whenever and wherever they could.

I feel like he has been fairly consistent with his own life with this. That kinda was the premise of "Private Parts." The movie was about his life, but also was about how Howard was faithful to his wife throughout all the drama on the air.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
But Letterman's affairs were before he married his girlfriend and before he had a child.... (right?)..... May not be much of a distinction when you live with someone so many years but it was the kind of distinction Howard would make whenever he discouraged someone from getting married...

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
OK before the marraige but not before the son??

"Letterman, 62, began dating Lasko in 1986, and they have a son, Harry, who was born in November 2003. All the affairs took place before Letterman's marriage, said Tom Keaney, spokesman for Letterman's production company, Worldwide Pants. "

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I'm sure glad I only listen for entertainment and not to fact-check Howard's morality... Seems like a lot of work...

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I'm sure glad I only listen for entertainment and not to fact-check Howard's morality... Seems like a lot of work...

It's a simple question and not a lot of work....particularly after listening to weeks of the old Howard Stern shows featuring the old Howard Stern Did Howard's extended speech on Letterman sound like it was coming from a different Howard?? Sure he can "evolve" but he seemed higher up on his high horse than ever....

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I'm with you. I could give 2 shits about Letterman's or Stern's morality. That's their issue. I just want to be entertained.

But isn't this the kind of shit we toss around on this forum for the fun of it? Can't you be entertained and shoot the shit on any Howard Stern subject for the fun of it? I don't understand commenting on the worthlessness of this subject... If you don't want to join in discussing a worthless subject, why bother commenting at all???

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
If Howard did not judge others, he probably would not have all that much to talk about other than interviewing people.

Especially considering the headlines this issue is drawing, how could he not talk about it? Howard having an opinion on the matter is what generates the debates that make the show what it is.

I did not say that this topic is worthless. I just said that I don't care about his morality. Isn't that an opinion?

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
But the subject was the old Howard on his high horse and the current Howard on his high horse.... Actually the same old subject that interests me... the pre-Beth Howard (Alison jokes and Alison ridicule OK, making fun of PETA ok, for example) and the Post-Beth Howard (no jokes about Beth; no jokes about animal lovers, etc)....