Howard & New iPhone App

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
I missed most of today's show, and as most of us probably know by now, Howard's channels were excluded on the iPhone app that was released today. Was this mentioned at all today? I'm very interested to hear his thoughts on it.

BTW....I'm not an iPhone owner....a proud BlackBerry owner, but I'm sure if a BB app is ever released, it'll be the same as the iPhone's.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
total bullshit. with 60% of all subs listening exclusively to stern it is a real fuck you to all us fans that there is no stern on the app. luckily for me i depend upon my sl2 and computer for stern and i dont use the iphone so its no big thing for me. but i would be really pissed if i was eagerly waiting for this stupid app.

-jhdk

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
Don't you guys listen to the show? Howard has stated many times that he's not like the other greedy disc jockeys, and will not hawk stuff to his loyal fanbase. :jj:

Either Buchwald couldn't pinch any more pennies from the company he's raping, or what I believe to be the truth....That Apple would give an accurate account of App subscribers, therefore debunking that 20 or 30 million subscriber line of shit that Howard claims. Sort of like Twitter did last month.

Either way, it's another slap in the face to Sirius fans.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Where does that stat come from? 60% of subs listening to Howard I could imagine, but exclusively? I find that hard to believe.
Or stay just for Howard. I came for NASCAR and if Howard leaves it'll suck but I'll keep subscribing.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
do you have to pay another monthly sub for this app too? cuz if so, its a total ass raping. they also need a sirius app for blackberry, as that is probably the most popular phone in the world up there with iphone.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
do you have to pay another monthly sub for this app too? cuz if so, its a total ass raping. they also need a sirius app for blackberry, as that is probably the most popular phone in the world up there with iphone.

You have to have the premium internet feed which is $2.99. Thats leaves all of us lifetimers out. Thats right we would have to bend over and take it again. I personaly don't want any app that does not have Howard. Thats pure bullshit. I also will not pay $2.99 for the premium. I do just fine with the the basic. If they end up adding Howard they better make an app for the Palm Pre and let us use our basic service.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
You have to have the premium internet feed which is $2.99. Thats leaves all of us lifetimers out. Thats right we would have to bend over and take it again. I personaly don't want any app that does not have Howard. Thats pure bullshit. I also will not pay $2.99 for the premium. I do just fine with the the basic. If they end up adding Howard they better make an app for the Palm Pre and let us use our basic service.

ok, so even if I had an iphone, i would be assed out since I still have a basic internet subscription that doesn't end til april 2010.

anyways, I have been using stream_on for a while now, and I notice u can use it on two computers at the same time. is it possible to keep using it, even if u don't pay the extra $2.99 vig for the internet premium bullsh*t after my current basic internet subscription ends?

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Yep. Thats our boy. He loves his money. Seriously.... I think that sucks. If thats the case and I bet it is that pisses me off. I doubt even Jgatie could defend Howard on this one.

It is disappointing. There seems to be a lot of occasions where Howard could help Sirius but he doesn't because he's not getting paid for it. He works exactly as much as he's contractually obligated to work.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Has Bubber checked in yet with any information? Or even Farrell? Does this mean that Howard can even block usage of their stuff too?

Double weak if so...