Howard Kennedy

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by AJ_II, Jan 22, 2009.

1. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Any news segment with a John/Ted Kennedy impersonation is a must-listen for me, especially when it goes on for 10 minutes plus. Never gets old. Errraaa YES!!!

I laugh the hardest when Howard pronounces "Schlossberg" in his Kennedy voice.

2. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

+1

Being Boston born and raised, the Kennedy thing is probably my favorite bit of all time. I went to college in North Carolina during the Anita Hill / Clarence Thomas hearings. I had three roomates; 2 southerners and a guy from Jersey who was also a huge Stern fan. We'd sit around watching the hearings and the first few times Teddy's enormous, bloated head appeared on screen, my Jersey buddy and I erupted into "Erah! Erah!" The Southern boys looked at us like we were nuts. By the end of the hearings, we were all doing the Kennedy "Erah! Erah!" and laughing like idiots.

"Erah! Erah! C'mon Metzenbaum, finish up with this broad. Erah, I promise I'll buy you a scotch and get you, erah, laid!"

3. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

Agreed. Howard read an email the other day asking them to do an all-Kennedy news segment.

That part with the iPussy was erah, funny as hell...

4. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

I loved it yesterday when Robin mentioned that maybe they'll get more scientific thought in the White House instead of concentrating on religion, Howard did the "Erah, lack of science kept us from gettin the iPussy!! Erah, we would have gotten iPussy long ago if we concentrated on science!!"

5. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

Yup. I love when Ted sits in on the news. He was great the day after the inauguration. :rofl2:

6. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

probably one of my favorite continuing bits :bigclap:

7. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

Howard was on fire during the news yesterday. Doing the Kennedy bit, singing along to Cat Stevens, he just seemed more into it than he normally does.

8. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

I only like Howard doing it though. When Artie and Fred pile on, it gets annoying to me . . . They don't have a megaphone.

9. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

I thought Howard gave Artie his own megaphone a while back so he could counter against all the Grandma Caprio bits.

10. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Yeah, sometimes Artie will bring out one too and they'll have dueling megaphones. But for whatever reason (he's lazy? maybe he lost it?), Artie doesn't use it very often.

11. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

No way Howard gave him one. He may have gotten one, but Howard didn't give it to him. Remember what he did with it? He played Beth on the phone, and talked to Howard about being pregnant, divorcing him and taking the money, and not really loving him. That seems to really disturb Howard. No way he voluntarily signed up for it.

12. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

Hmm. I thought I remembered Howard saying something about getting Artie his own megaphone once. He might have given one to Artie but took it back after the Beth thing.

13. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

I think they gave Artie the 'new' megaphone that Howard had as a replacement for his really old one. Since he didn't like the sound quality of it, I think Artie inherited it. It's probably buried under Benjy's salad fixin's and no one can find it.

14. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

I think that was it. Didn't Howard try the new megaphone right after Sal tainted his first, bespoiling one of the most sacred Stern Show props of all time with yet another Sal Governale man-crush inspired intrusion into Howard's stuff?

15. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

I don't think so, because he did go back to it for the sound quality. If Sal had spoiled it, I doubt he would have went back.

16. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

Errr ahhh

17. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

He did bag Sal using it and was completely skeeved out. I imagine some intern had to disassemble it, wipe it down with Clorox wipes, then reassemble.

18. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

Just to clarify, Sal used the megaphone, thereby getting his germs where Howard puts his mouth. He didn't actually "taint" it, which would be more the norm for Captain Sack...

:whistle:

19. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Good point. I get Sal and that Capt. Sack guy mixed up all the time. Must be because I never see them in the same room together. :sarcasm:

20. Super Dave

Super Dave Member

I agree with Artie, he can get annoying, but Fred, "Ask Will Shatner, women drown in water" was great.